The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Ay, that’s the rub. You can only have a set amount of skills equipped at once. It’s always been a bone of contention for me.

Hey all, is this a bug or a “feature” re: the trip to Skellige and the aftermath?

Summary

In my game, as pre-scripted, I as Geralt wash up on the shore after the pirate attack during a storm and ensuing shipwreck. I talk to the dude who tries to grab the medallion, go to the nearest village, see the funeral in progress, end up “borrowing” the mask from the druid during the wake etc. Then I read somewhere that you can get your thousand coins back by finding the dead captain’s body down on the beach in a certain spot. Go back down there, no body, ergo no coins back. Is it a thing where you have to get them before you go on up the hill after you first wash up on the beach?

I really like the look of the Griffin set–wearing that now.

It’s very possible that it’s time-bombed and you’ve lost your opportunity. But I can’t say for sure. Are you sure you’re looking at the right spot?

First time through I went Griffin, then Bear. I liked the look of both and Griffin was the first real set I could ‘get my hands on’ so to speak.

Second time through I did Wolf to stay true to the story (WWGD?). I think they all have some charm. Wolf ends up being my favorite though.

Yep, looking in just the right spot. I think it’s a use it or lose it thing.

Also, I’m pretty sure I just missed my chance to save the cursed werewolf dude in Skellige (when you go to the walled garden) because I don’t think you can get in anymore after the mission ends.

Having just finished a complete replay of W3 and the most excellent DLC Blood and Wine, this makes perfect sense. In particular the main quest line in Blood and Wine was terrific !

I never finished B&W. I got hosed on the final boss and couldn’t get thru it. And it was a pretty long slog to get to that point, IIRC.

You’re right … when I started the replay I didn’t remember how far I got the first time. I was playing W3 again since my PC wasn’t really beefy enough for more recent games. By the time I got through W3 and the first expansion (Heart of Stone) I realized I must have stopped there since Blood and Wine wasn’t out at the time.

It was special playing Blood and Wine on new PC and new 32” monitor as it takes place in Toussaint which was very colorful to begin with. But that’s over 200 hours of gaming to get through it all.

That’s one thing I don’t like about dlc in general, by the time it all comes out I’m not as good at playing the game or at remembering how I built or controlled a character :).

Ps after the final boss battle B&W there isn’t much wrap up so you didn’t miss much !

It is, however, a good idea to go back to your vineyard (before closing the game for good)!

Second that. And I’d say there’s a lot there that you want to experience before you uninstall.

I didn’t know you could uninstall this game!

Good point! (Some kind of mutagen disassembling/assembling device which would be useful if you’re going to do NG+, and a visit from Ms Ciri)

You got all the way to the end, got beat in the final boss battle and didn’t think “Lemme dial down this difficulty so I can wrap it up?” I mean, salute to you for committing to the bit, but…

see, well…about that…

Fair enough.

…he said while silently pitying him.

Heh. I’m the FOMO-scarred doofus who’s never played Half Life 2 or any of the Portal games due to motion sickness issues. Sometimes fates conspire.

wow, so no first person games for you at all?

WRT Witcher 3, I plan on eventually continuing a playthrough I started on XSX and going through both DLCs and this time I’ll be sure to stock up on ingredients for oils and shit to make the job easier.

EDIT: You’ve also managed to work in the only other game I’ve given up during the final boss out of frustration and being tired of hearing, “Another predictable failure, Dr. Freeman,” for the nth time.