The Witcher 3: words, words, words

Title The Witcher 3: words, words, words
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Game diaries
When June 17, 2016

I have to really like a game to read its books. Actually, that's true of pretty much any flavor text. But it's especially true of ingame books. I suspect game developers think they're tricking me by putting backstory into ingame books..

Read the full article

I *love* that you associate a The Witcher 3 article headline with a quote from The Sacrifice.

You don't remember Dandelion from the second Witcher game? Or maybe even the first, but I don't remember much about that game myself.

Yeah, you actually not only meet Dandelion in the second Witcher game, the entire first act section in Flotsam begins with you saving him and Zoltan the dwarf from the gallows.

Dandelion and Geralt have a history together, one that usually includes Geralt bailing the bard out of some crazy situation.

He's in both. Also many of the books.

Yeah Dandelion (Jaskier in Polish, Marigold in Czech) is Geralt's oldest friend, they have been through many adventures together and Dandelion spent a lot of time documenting them :)

This past year, the Witcher books were given quite the love for English-language speakers. Not only are they all coming into English translation (I think only the very last book or two remains untranslated, but it comes out soon), they were also given terrific audiobook treatment with outstanding (mostly) reading by Peter Kenny.

There's only one problem with Kenny's narration. For reasons known only to him or the producer of these books, he refers to Dandelion (which we all pronounce DAN-de-lion) as "dan-DELL-eeon". And that is SUPER annoying.

"Okay, so the bottom three lines of She Who Knows are below the frame, so
I have to scroll that one down. Not so much scroll as scooch. She Who
Knows is the War and Peace of Witcher 3 books."

------ This was amazing! Keep up the lovely work Tom!

Great, now I can't unhear this. dan-DELL-eeon.

Hamlet 2:2...?

That was the joke....

My hat's off to you then, because the joke flew over my head and blew it off :)

Corrections:
"which is something Bethesda loves to me me [sic] do"
"you haven't see[n] this yet!"
"Gerlat’s"

I love that people will argue with you stating an opinion on the merits of a video game, but stating (a well supported, 100% justified) opinion on authorship of a holy text is met with silence.