The Wizard

so fred savage’s little brother is at the world video game championships, right?

he makes it to the finals, and the final event is:

the world premier of Super Mario Bros. 3!!

the 3 kids take their joysticks in hand and strive to be the first kid to comlete the game.

fred savage’s little brother wins because he already knows where all of the warp whistles are. at the world premier of a game he’s ostensibly never seen before. he’s 10. he’s not a playtester, he has no excuse for knowing this, he’s just a social misfit.

this movie lied to me. Nintendo, i want my childhood back.

You’ve heard about the guy who beat SMB3 in 11 minutes, no?

I didn’t want to link to any specific site (as it’s a non-trivial download), but you can find it by doing a search for “moSMB3.wmv”.

• Alan

I love the Powerglove… its so bad.

For some reason the only thing I can think of is how many movies from the 80’s had Atari sound effects whenever a supposedly hi-tech computer screen was being shown.

Superman III and the little “Superman Vs. the Surplus Cruise Missle with Knightrider Headlamp” video game comes to mind.

Nope, that’s actually just Fred Savage.

Yeah, his little brother was in Boy Meets World (which was really a lame attempt at remaking The Wonder Years). Fred is the cool one.

The kid at the super-mega championship was the _____ of Savage’s character. A person who can remember Savage’s character’s name is a ______.