The XBOX One

Yes. You can set new games you buy (or in this case get) to auto-install. It’s fairly practical purchasing a game while at work and have it be ready when you get home.

Yeah, normally it’s a great setting to have on. In this particular case, I also did not want to have all the Rare games installed on my machine right now. (I already owned the game on disc, and planned to get back to it later, but not right now). So I had to go through and uninstall all these different games. It was a tad annoying. But not enough to change that setting.

Yeah I need to find that auto install option and disable it, I keep buying games and then immediately hopping over to Games & Apps to stop the install, going “No! Not ok, Xbox! Not ok!”

Can you disable installing new games, while keeping auto-patching on? Like @divedivedive, I’m running to the Games & Apps page to stop every Games With Gold offer from auto-installing, but I didn’t disable that function because I was under the impression that it also turned off patching for games I do have installed.

[quote]
To change these settings:
Double-tap the Xbox button to open the guide.
Select Settings > All settings.
Select Power mode & startup. Make sure Power mode is set to Instant-on, and: For automatic updates, select Keep my console, games & apps up to date.[/quote]

That’s a good point. I do like auto patching.

Unless you’re playing Two Worlds II :-)

If I am purchasing directly on the Xbox One itself and I don’t want the recent purchase or GWG title to install I just cancel it right from the store page by clicking the “X” next to the progress queue.

Heads up, there’s apparently a big id@xbox sale happening, just noticed Turing Test is available for $6, going to jump on that one.

I don’t see the sale in the Store on my, Xbox. Where can I see a list of games?

https://t.co/gvxbwgTA7u

That’s a list of games on CAG. Basically the new weekly sales always start on Monday, but officially they don’t start until Tuesday. But CAG always sniffs out the sales a day early by seeing what’s lower priced that usual, or something like that.

Also, it looks like Dead Space 2 and 3 are $8 each.

Nice try EA. You know you want to add those two games to the EA Access Vault. Come on now. I know it, you know it, the American people know it.

Have they added anything to the vault this year? The last i recall was SWB late last year.

Games added in 2017:

Dead Space Ignition
Madden NFL 17
Skate 3
Zuma’s Revenge
FIFA 17

That last one was added end of April/beginning of May, I think, so that’s the latest one.

I keep meaning to finally try out Skate 3, though I dread finding out how much I’ll suck at it.

EDIT: Oh, look at this, apparently there’s a news story recently that Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault was added to EA Access. So that must be backwards compatible now. Nice!

EDIT2: Hmmm, doesn’t check out. I don’t see Pacific Assault on the backwards compatibility list yet.

Medal of Honor Pacific Assault is available for free on Origin right now, maybe that’s what you saw?

There’s a bunch of sites on the internet that reported it was part of EA Access, but I think you’re right, they meant Origin Access, not EA Access. And yes, it’s also the “on the House” game on Origin this month. Edit: In fact, it turns out, Pacific Assault never even came out on the Xbox 360. It was a PC only game, I think.

So going into week 3 of no new 360 back compat announcements and … I’m getting the shakes. Come on man, give me something!

On the (possibly) bright side of things, I had forgotten what games were available on the 360 for OG back compat and it’s actually pretty impressive:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/legacy-devices/original-console/play-original-games

Not that this is in any way indicative of what will be available on Xbox One, but I’m hopeful that this is a sign that licensing may still be possible on a decent number of these. I had forgotten that the original Mechassault was never available on back compat while the sequel was - kind of a bummer, I spent so many hours playing the first game, it was my first Xbox Live experience.

I mean, they did announce OG Xbox back compat.

And while I am suitably pleased, that is an announcement, not something I can go home and play.

If you get to try that one this week, let us know about it. I’m tempted by that one too. I smell Portal coming from it, don’t know if that’s truly what’s going on there.

I’m one chapter (of an unknown number) through so far. The first chapter is nothing but braindead puzzles (in a set of nearly identical cooridoors) for the lobotomized (I guess the entire chapter might just be a tutorial of sorts though). And there are staggering frame rate issues in certain areas that put Blight Town on notice.

The only thing that’s going to save this game for me will be an immediate increase in puzzle variety and complexity.

Oh drag, I didn’t consider that there might be performance issues. I’m also considering picking up Crypt of the Necrodancer and maybe Her Majesty’s Spiffing, they both look fun. I’m a sucker for a deal.