The XBOX One

[quote=“Rock8man, post:8499, topic:72618, full:true”]the original Xbox controller, OMG you guys, I like it so much better than the 360 and XB1 controllers! It just feels so much better in your hand, the way it fills your hand. And the way it feels so comfortable. And the thumbsticks are so solid the feel is better than both the modern controllers.

To be fair though, the thumbstick are not also buttons like they are on 360 and XB1, so they can be designed differently.
[/quote]

I have a left thumb Destiny callous from having to push the left thumbstick to run so much in that game.

July’s GwG:

XB1:
Grow Up
Runbow

X360:
Kane & Lynch 2
Lego Pirates of the Carribean

My 2 cents:

Yay! Grow Up is nice, though I’m still stuck at the beginning since the game starts much more open ended than the original Grow Home. Too much freedom!!! But I do plan to get back into it soon.

Runbow looks like another one of those nice same-machine multiplayer games that GwG has a nice library of now.

Kane & Lynch 2: I’m kind of excited for this. I would have dismissed it completely based on most reviews, but I remember Tom had a favorable review of it that made me want to try it some day.

Lego: Blah, I don’t care about any lego games.

Edit: I tracked down Tom’s Kane & Lynch 2 review. The score isn’t that high, but Tom mentioned the game several times throughout that year favorably when talking about other games.

Glad to hear good things about Grow Up. When I saw the announcement, my first thought was that this is a pretty poor month, and that it could be a signpost of what to expect out of GwG games now that the Gamepass is live (basically that the quality of the games will go down, and that there will be fewer former AAA games available). It still does seem as if the crippling of GwG could be happening as I don’t see these games as up to the quality of a lot of other months of GwG.

New Backwards compatible games:

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
Radiant Silvergun
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On OT
Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3

I’ve never heard of the last two. I think the addition of Brotherhood makes all the 360 era games backward compatible now? No wait, there’s still Liberation, the port of the PSVita game.

I liked Blazing Angels, the first two or three missions that I played. It reminded me a little of the original Crimson Skies. It had less personality though, obviously, so that’s why I stopped playing. But it had similar style missions, like I had to fly low and rescue someone from the top of a moving train, for example.

Radiant Silvergun aw yiss

I’m looking forward to Lego Pirates. Those are always fun co-op trying to figure out what we’re supposed to do to progress. That usually ends up with us punching everything. Slowly going through the GWG backlog… Warriors Orochi 3 is great so far.

July’s pass games were announced:

Bard’s Gold
Dead Island (X1 version)
F1 2015
Flame in the Flood
Guacamelee
Monaco
Payday 2
Resident Evil 6

Oh man, that’s tempting. Flame in the Flood is exactly the type of game I would want to rent. Same with F1 2015. I’m pretty sure I don’t want to play it for the long haul, but I’ve always wondered what F1 racing is like.

Same with something like Resident Evil 6. I’ve never played a resident evil game I fully enjoyed, but there have been some that were fun to watch, and RE5 was fun to play in coop.

Same here. That F1 game is pushing the Game Pass to more of a tempting proposal but it still needs a little more for me to pull the trigger.

Wasn’t RE6 the one everyone hated? Also, the F1 series is on a pretty steep discount on Steam right now.

For $9.99 a month you can hate it too!

Thanks for pointing that out! Is one of the recent F1 games favored above the others?

Not the person to ask. The extent of my knowledge is watching the occasional Youtube video to see if this is the year I should buy it. From what I gather the most recent is the best, but none of them are great.

Heads up dudes, looks like the summer ultimate game sale is coming June 30, hopefully you didn’t blow your game budget on Steam!

Man too many sales in a row! Not that I’m complaining.

Ultimate Game Sale.

Gosh, that’s a lot to sift through.

Some things that caught my eye:
Song of the Deep for $5,
Dark Souls 3 $24 which I already have, so more importantly:
Dark Souls 3 Season Pass $10,
Resident Evil 4 $10,
Titanfall 2 $20
Everspace $24
Snake Pass $12
Voodoo Vince $10

Bulletstorm still WAY overpriced. Prey is overpriced. For Honor overpriced.
Is this the first time GTA5 has gone on sale by itself, without being some part of an over-priced bundle?
I recent bought Injustice 2 for full price :~( Still worth it though.
Every season Quantum Break gets getting closer and closer to my price range.
Did they ever fix Destiny single player, or are solos still gimped and unable to join/form pick-ups?

GTA V has been on sale many many times by itself, but I think this is the lowest price it’s been.

Is Mount & Blade: Warband a good PC to Xbox port? Does it make the leap well?

So in the Xbox Summer Ultimate Game Sale every 360 game is backwards compatible except for four:

Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Spec Ops: The Line
Beautiful Katamari

There is much speculation that these will be coming soon to the BC program.

I will personally vouch for these three. Voodoo Vince shows it’s age a bit, camera control is very 10 years ago, but Song of the Deep is a fantastic little game and $5 is a steal.

Still on the sale but more of a rant…I get annoyed how publishers only put the larger Ultimate Editions or Collections on sale and in many cases the DLC I need is still full price.

I would like to pick up Destiny’s Rise of Iron for a discount (the only one I need) but it is $30, the same price as the full Destiny Collection. Same with Rainbow Six Siege. You can get the full Year 2 Edition but cannot get the Year 2 expansion itself for a reasonable sale price.

I know why they are doing it. They want to incentivize Ultimate Edition or pre-order purchases but it is annoying. They could be receiving money from me for the DLC I don’t own but instead they get nothing from me this round.