The XBOX One

Amazon seems to have certain denominations of Xbox Live codes for 10% off.

I got this one:

https://smile.amazon.com/Xbox-40-Gift-Card-Digital/dp/B00F4CF7L6/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1502916200&sr=8-8&keywords=xbox%2Bgift%2Bcard%2Bonline%2Bcode&th=1

$36 for the $40 code. Similarly the $100 code is on sale for $90, $20 for $18, etc.

I bought a $10 card for $9 and now I’m not entirely sure why.

You’re ready for the next sale!

Lots of DLC for sale this week.

@Knightsaber, is the Assassin’s Creed: London Season Pass worth getting? I know it’s one of your favorite games.

While you’re waiting for him, I’ll chime in that though I wasn’t a big fan of AC Syndicate, I did like the Jack the Ripper DLC. But I’m a bit of a Ripper-phile, one might say.

Well you need to ignore dive^3, because it’s the best AC game, clearly.

You get everything with the season pass except Dreadful Crimes, which is actually a pretty cool murder-solving thing, about 10 sidequests and they get pretty involved. I liked them.

The Jack The Ripper DLC is good fun, but make sure you play through the game first, because it spoils the hell out of everything else.

So yeah, it’s one of the few season passes I approve of.

Looks like Recore is finally getting its “definitive edition” release, with a lot of the content that had been missing previously, like the fifth robot. You can preorder over at the MS Store for $19.99, and it’s speculated, though not yet confirmed, that this will be a free upgrade for those who already own the game.

Also, Gamescom starts this weekend and I’m hearing that there may be free games given away for viewers using Mixer to view along. If I find out more details I’ll put them in the thread.

Edit: or maybe you’ll just be entered into a drawing for games, it’s not really clear -

Fool me once, shame on you…

And you checked that the same MS account that is tied to your gamer tag/Xbox was associated with your Mixer sign on? I mean I realize that’s obvious but it’s really the only criteria there was, I believe.

Additionally, looks like the mixpot for watching today will contain only DLC. Kind of odd.

The DLC is for World of Tanks, Battle Island: Commanders, and Halo Wars 2. Meh.

So any kind of big news from Gamescom to get excited about? I haven’t been following this weekend because I’ve been watching Game of Thrones Season 6.

Not really, best I can tell. Doesn’t look like the Xbox team is paying a lot of attention to what’s going on across the pond.

Specifically for Microsoft/Xbox?

• Jurassic World Evolution, an upcoming zoo/theme park builder
  • Xbox One X has a “Project Scorpio Edition” limited bundle package for launch
  • ReCore is getting a Xbox One X upgrade and relaunch. Free for people that already own it.
  • Player Unknown Battlegrounds is now being published by Microsoft on Xbox.
  • Rise of Nations is coming to the Windows Store and will be cross-play compatible with Steam

4k upgrade procedures and games (as of now)

Works on USB drive, working on home network connectivity (so no re-downloading everything from MS), game list as of today (no Destiny/Destiny 2 yet - grr…)

O.k., Amazon.ca pre-orders are live so I put one in. I skipped the Xbox One to date, but am impressed with the way Microsoft has made great changes/additions since launch, and if I’m going to play any game on a console, I need to play it on the most powerful one. I’m sure the ps4pro will remain a fine machine, but I’ll probably switch my non-exclusive purchases over to xbox one now. Plus I’m looking forward to playing some of my (largely unplayed) 360 library through BC. And I wanted a 4k bluray player.

Games With Gold for September:

XO Forza Motorsport 5 - 9/1-9/30
XO Oxenfree - 9/16-10-15
360 BC Hydro Thunder Hurricane - 9/1-9/15
360 BC Battlefield 3 - 9/16-9/30

Sweet! I don’t own any of those. Well ok I own Oxenfree on Steam but I haven’t gotten around to playing it yet.

I do own Hydro Thunder out of those. That’s a stinker. Not as fun as I was hoping.

Forza 5 is a lot of fun. I gave my copy away as a birthday gift to my nephew, so it will be cool to get it back. Maybe I can play enough to get a few more achievements.

The buzz has been good about Oxenfree here at Qt3 so I look forward to that.

I’m assuming if I’m in it for a single player campaign that Battlefield 3 probably stinks?

It’s not great, but the good news is that you can blaze through it in about 4 hours.