The XBOX One

I would not care. But I want to know when the April Inside Xbox episode is to hear BC news…

Prey - April 11th
The Golf Club 2 - April 11th
Monster Hunter World - April 18th
The Walking Dead A New Frontier - April 18th
Life is Strange Episode 2 - April 24th
Resident Evil 5 - April 25th

Looks like I’ll be trying and failing to get into Monster Hunter again… Though Maybe I’ll still be too consumed by Anno to even try.

Cool, MH and Prey! Almost grabbed them on sale a few times.

Great list. I’m particularly looking forward to Prey, MH and LiS2.

Now I just need to finish Operencia.

So much gaming goodness.

Cool, I have a reason to finish Walking Dead S2 now. That’s season 3.

Monster Hunter Stories was fun. I wonder if I’ll like World.

Working my way through gamepass stuff, some thoughts

F1 2018 - Enjoying this much more than years before. I’m not a F1 fan, but I love racing games, and this one clicked with me for now.

Walking Dead Michonne - Okay. Finished it, could’ve skipped it.

Ashen - Gameplay got much better after the first hour. Beware of cliffs. Your soul dollars get stuck in unreachable spots if you slip & die.

Strange Brigade - Bring your friends. Single player was not very fun, but I really liked the art, theme & narrator guy.

Thumbs up: Operencia, Shadow Warrior 2, Wolfenstein New Order, Hellblade

Well, maybe I’ll finally get an idea for what this Monster Hunter business is all about. I like what I’ve seen about the sushi chef cats, at least.

I’ll wait for your report. To me the monster hunter thing always sounds like MMOs, except with more immediate action gameplay. Which makes me think, I’ll either be turned off by the MMO aspect, or I’ll enjoy the action and won’t mind the MMO similarities.

I always got the impression that Monster Hunter games were a series of boss battles, and to me boss battles have always been one of the least interesting aspects of video games as a whole. But, lots of people seem to swear by the series so, maybe I’ll check it out. But I’ve got a lot of games I actually own to get to, but ha ha! I almost made it through that sentence without cracking up. Who knows, maybe the mood will strike and I’ll want to try it. It’s got Geralt in it at least, so that’s cool. But oh wait, I’ve still got two Witcher 3 expansions to work through also. My work is never done.

April 16th!

https://twitter.com/majornelson?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1116008105844690944&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231116008105844690944

Oh, April 16 for Inside Xbox. You had me thinking Ninja Gaiden 2 BC for a second.

Well, you will be getting Geralt and Ciri…

It’s not really like an MMO. You basically spawn into one of a series of mid-sized open worlds, to fight various monsters. You can use the parts you harvest from those monsters to make better gear.

I never gave a crap about Monster Hunter before MHW (it was the first time I’ve ever played it), and it became my most played game of 2018 by a huge margin.

There’s like a dozen different weapon types you can specialize in, all with very different move sets.

If I have any criticism of the game, it’s that the game’s performance is uneven, even on an Xbox One X.

Hopefully we get some good BC news on the 16th, because this is two consecutive weeks with no new announcements. I’m jonesin’, man, hard!

In better news, the Spring Sale should start later today, bunch of games should get marked down. No details yet, that I’ve found anyway.

Just curious, are you getting rid of your old discs?

I was tempted at one point to sell my old games for pennies to Amazon, get them out of the house, since now I own a digital version of Crackdown 2, for instance. It’s on my account, I can play it on the Xbox One, and hopefully one day the Xbox Two whenever i want.

But then I hang onto the disc version anyway. I guess in the back of my mind I’m still nervous because when the internet goes out, Xbox One still behaves weird, not showing my pins sometimes, and just, I’m not sure if those games will be playable if I’m ever on a cruise one day, shut in my cheap cabin with no view of the ocean, trying to play old BC games. I’d rather have the disc and a 360 to play it offline just in case, I guess.

I don’t own many disc-based Xbone games but my 360 games? Yeah, I’ve been purging them. Not all - I still have a couple like Driver and Arkham Origins that can’t be bought digitally. But I’ve cleared out a bunch. (Side note about this, at the bottom)

I have a real issue with ditching my original Xbox discs though, because I have a bunch and I’ve had them so long, they feel like keepsakes! But since some have gone on sale and been given away as GwG games, I’m looking at ditching some of them too. Hard as it is.

Here’s my funny side note: I can’t ditch all my 360 disc games. I bought some at the company store from MS when I worked there, and they have a big sticker on them with your employee ID on them. When you start with MS they make you sign a thing that you won’t resell them, you can be fired. Now I’ve been gone almost ten years, but I have my word right? I still honor NDA in some games I tested when I worked there. Yeah, maybe that’s weird.

Spring Sale is live!

link? don’t see anything on major nelson’s blog…

I can’t find a good list online yet, this is all I’ve got so far: