Thea 2: The Shattering

Yeah they are but… that’s a book. I just call it that.

I think most veer towards scrolls in this game over relics and artefacts and wants because the relics and artefacts tend to be heavy for character that just don’t have much strength. Wands tend to do less damage.

But I am in the camp, per usual, but this is all depended on your characters, so nothing is off the table.

For example, my lava rocker (basically a lava troll), is strong as hell, has really powerful innate abilities, so I don’t need special attack spells. Anything that boosts their stats and give shielding is going to be impressive.

Some of my mages though are like cardboard cutouts, anything could kill them. I am not sure why I get some so weak sometimes, but if they get a summoning spell and just having them in the group opening up options is worthwhile. And sometimes the best item in the game is the wand I swam past a handful of sea serpents, a shark and what looks like a deranged mermaid to get… and I’m going to use it.

Yeah I am not sure there is a way to make those icons bigger. That might be the results of this being an indie title where I see fewer settings for things like that.

The wikis might help for that. Also, the recipes don’t change. You’re also start noticing these food items are biome specific, so like spices are common in the elven biome, mushrooms goblin, fish in the water, etc.

I picked up earlier ones like a hunter or warrior and a craftsman depending on the mythos. Then I/we saved up for the more fun ones like goblines, orcs, dwarves and elves. The rule of thumb for saving was something like… I’m pretty comfortable with my starting group. I’ve got a challenge but it doesn’t feel like I am rolling the dice and praying for no events so… gonna save up.