Thea 2: The Shattering

Curses do not appear under Tags; they are under skills, the second tab, with the crossed swords. At the bottom of that pane, there’s an area called “effects.” Look there. I’ve never seen a curse not appear there. @Nesrie posted a screenshot of the correct pane but misspoke by referring to it as the tags pane.

Thanks, that did it.

And as soon as I figured it out, a witch offered to lift the curse, for a rather cheap price.

Heh, figures. :) Useful to know going forward for all of us, though!

Whoops! I didn’t get cursed last night either, so I never got the screenshot opporunity.

She’s way cheaper. I probably played almost a year before figuring out how to remove curses. It is… detrimental to go into some challenges with a curse though, and she might not show up for… ages.

Glad you got it sorted. When possible, I hold out for that witch to appear, because she is a LOT cheaper! That makes sense especially if it’s just one or two party members and if the curse doesn’t affect their core abilities too badly. But sometimes the witch goes on witch vacation, or engages in social distancing, or something…

Are we still playing Thea after all this time, yes, yes we are.

So for those who don’t know… that save breaking update added some events, especially to Orcs growing up and my gaming partner got this guy:

So I lost two orc children trying to do these events… it’s hugely risky. I also had a child trying to be a witch just… die. I don’t know. It feels like the upped the risk factor a bit but maybe I was just super unlucky. That guy up there though is what I think others were thinking of when they thought of orcs and yeah… he’s a big tough one.

So for those who don’t know, Thea and Thea 2 are on the Steam Tabletop sale. I think they’re both great games, as mentioned before. I don’t play as often since I have put 460 hours into 2, and it’s still on the rotation.

GOG sale going on right now that includes Thea 2 for free for the next 48 hours:

Here is a link to Thea 2 on GOG:

Several years after starting this game and thinking to myself, wow, yes, this is a remarkable game. I must learn to play this sometime, I have finally actually begun to play. Wow, this is a remarkable game!

So inevitably, I have dumb questions which either just do not make sense at all as questions AND OR have been answered over and over again.

I plead for tolerance . . .

For context, I am several hundred turns into a game and have a group of about 20 including humans, demons, goblins and a fat rat. My highest level folks are around level 10 and appear to be able handle level 7 mind and magic (yellow and purple) challenges, whilst struggling a bit more with combat (red). The group is yet to leave the first island but is about to do having completed the Lightbringer and Divine quests given on that first island (I am playing with islands)

I have already built one ship, and discovered that whilst I can carry it okay over land, if I set sail, the 6,000 carry capacity it has is insufficient to carry the rest of my stuff.

So Qs . . . .

1. Fat vs Thin group. At group size 20 or so, I get the feeling maybe I could be better off with a smaller group of more talented adventurers, rather than a larger group of less talented. I feel maybe satisfying the food supply for such a large group is a bit of a drag on the pace of progress.

I also spot that maybe, with a smaller select group, I could get my land speed up from 6 to 7 through use of horse and boar pets.

So I am wondering, is starting up what can be a self-sustaining village a decent way to focus on a smaller, faster moving powerful group?

Or is trimming the group, allowing some of the members to make their own way, better in some way?

2. Maritime empire. I built the biggest ship I but still find it lacks capacity to carry my other stuff. Sure, I could jettison, but hey, I worked had to accumulate that stuff!

So I am wondering, can I just built a second ship to double the capacity? I know I can build a second ship . . . and I read that this might double the capacity. What I am unsure of is whether this equation works out well when the group is wanting to move between water and land e.g. will having two ships result in going faster on water but cripple the group on land?

3. Advancing the stone? or metal, or wood, or leather? I have spent about 15 points and have another 10 points or so banked up. I am wondering, is it better, for more powerful crafted items at least, to prioritise unlocking materials that have essence values / higher essence values?

For example, within the Tier 2 metals, is there advantage in preferring the metal which has an essence value of 1, rather than 0s?

So this game got a free DLC today? Also got a 50% discount on Steam right now. Not sure if those two things are related. :)

A woo-hoo!

Tales of daring, skinny and big fat tales!

A woo-hoo!

This is a pretty amazing free DLC drop, but I think reflects how wonderfully well this development team provide post-release support for their games.

Anyone who has enjoyed Spellforce: Conquest of Eo but has not played Thea 2 might find it worthwhile to give Thea 2 a try. It has a very similar crafting system, albeit with more depth, and the overworld and quests have a very similar feel too. I have certainly enjoyed both, and felt more familiar with Spellforce having played Thea 2 first.