There's a native 4K version of TimeSplitters 2, but you may never get to see it

Title There's a native 4K version of TimeSplitters 2, but you may never get to see it
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When April 7, 2021

There's an Easter Egg in Homefront: The Revolution that allows a player to access a couple from levels from TimeSplitters 2. It's tucked away in an arcade cabinet on the top floor of a deserted apartment building in the semi-open world of Dambuster Studios' 2016 game..

Read the full article

Timesplitters 2 was such a fantastic game! I would love to see this version resurface at some point.

Is this real? Can anyone with a copy of the game confirm?

Hey cool, if this is real, I was eyeing Homefront anyway since it’s on sale in the Xbox spring sale for $6 for the game and a bunch of DLC together.

Buy Homefront®: The Revolution ‘Freedom Fighter’ Bundle - Microsoft Store

Oh crap, $5.99? I’d pay that for a chance to play Timesplitters 2 again!

Awesome! I knew it was only a matter of time before the internet cracked it after the story went public.

Yup. I knew it would happen eventually.

Correction:
“a couple from [sic] levels from TimeSplitters 2”

Unfortunately, at least on PC, there’s lots of crashes, garbled menus, graphical glitches and little annoyances you have to put up with like having to enter the codes every time you want to access the levels. I think I’ll stick to Dolphin with the mouse injector for the time being.

The ever helpful Dominic Tarason mentioned that thanks to intrepid community modders you can just download a profile, run a quick .bat file and you’ll have a standalone version of Timesplitters 2 on PC.