Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

i thought we didn’t like straws that went soggy

What a time to be alive.

We really, really didn’t know how to cook back in the 60s/70s, did we?

The age of convenience was being ushered in. Pre-prepared food was a convenience that would free us from the drudgery of cooking.

I ate home cooked Chinese food as a kid. Roast beef? Not on the meal plan. Mashed potatoes? What is that? Frozen TV dinners were an exotic meal for me.

The first time I had mac and cheese was last year after someone posted the cheetos mac and cheese.

I just love the slogan “Sack O’ Sauce in a Can O’ Meat!”

Which is both amazing and horrifying in the same way that Taco Bell’s Doritos tacos are. I love both of them and am also made somewhat queasy by them.

Isn’t this just the human condition? We’re all bunch of sauce-sacks in meat-cans.

I think it’s really tasty. It probably has too much flavor, if that makes sense. The recipe says 2 tsp of butter which is unnecessary, and that flavor packet can probably be reduced 30%. In fact now I want to make one for dinner haha. I guess the problem is it’s mostly carbs and a bunch of fat. I’ll toss in some frozen peas.

Not the Onion

Well, they blew up the Chicken Man in Texas last night
And they blew up his house, too

Great, Big Breakfast coming for my chicken and waffles now

Anyone else try these?

I bought some for the super bowl party.

Marshmallow creme with popping candy. Very weird and fun.

Definitely will not buy them again, but they were fun to try.

I agree!!!

In all seriousness, I would ingest it. Doesn’t seem particularly scaleable though, or even particularly impressive nutritionally. Not to mention rice agriculture being pretty bad for the farmers. I suppose it might have some appeal to certain vegetarians.

Are we going to have another insane “Golden Rice” situation, cause GMOs are bad, even if they help cure preventable disease.