Think Flagship Studios gave all Hellgate players the big FUCK YOU? Tell Bill Roper

how you feel about it.

http://www.igda.org/member/emailer.php?mid=20010170

or [email protected] (if the motherfucker is still monitoring that address)

Mind you now, your words should be very proper. No goatse, please.

And no sending him disgusting images from rotten.com, ok?
Seriously, all joking aside…this guy and his company have proved themselves to be nothing but a bunch of assholes. Lots of companies go under, lots of games do…but not even the decency here of a word about when or if the servers are coming down. Wow. Just wow.

Fuck Bill Roper. Fuck Flagship. I hope anything these motherfuckers touch in the future turns to shit. Oh wait…it has already.

Oh, this is guaranteed to end well.

ExecutionerFive, WHICH GOATSE?

Maybe Sony Online (or whatever they are called now) will buy it up and add it to station pass, along with other hyped failures such as The Matrix Online and Vanguard (and EQ2? Oh shnap).

Company spends years and millions of dollars making intentionally shitty product in effort to stick it to Joe Gamer. Film at 11.

Unless…

What.

As a subscriber to it myself, I’m disappointed in how things turned out, but I’m not going to take it that personally…

It is pretty crazy that they are shutting down the forums after their flagship product has been out for less than a year. Then again, some games don’t even have official forums.

These emails will be deleted en mass without being read. So here’s a better way to get back at Mr Roper; don’t buy his next game.

I pre-emptively got back at him by not buying HG:L.

On a related note, I saw the second book of a Hellgate: London trilogy at the bookstore today. If it was the first, I might have bought it. I wonder if the third will ever be released? (Or maybe already has been.)

We need BLOOD on the streets!
Get your pitchforks and then head out!

On a more serious note: HG:L sucked in beta and I uninstalled it after 3 hours. It was an insult to anyone that played WoW before. It was so goddamn boring.

I am so going to buy three. One for me, one for you, and one for E5. I just need to know which EB.

I thought you only played JRPGs and that PC gaming was dead? Plus don’t you only use Apple and hate Bill Gates?

Or is the real issue that your fashioning yourself as the gamer’s Ralph Nader?

But excuse me I believe the housing crisis is over and I have some real estate listings to peruse.

Come on, really?

Yeah really. There’s ,like, seven different Goatse’s now.

I like how they removed access (or possibly deleted) to all of the forums without giving any prior notice. Hundreds of walkthroughs, guides, and interesting articles written by the players are now lost forever. Great going.

Founders and subscribers are pretty much screwed at this point. I really feel bad for all those Japanese folks who only started subscribing to the game last week, and many of them are still buying it in stores and are unable to even register accounts now.

You ever think that maybe Bill Roper just wanted to make a great game, but his ambition overreached the abilities of his fledging company?

Or that some time earlier this month, it became clear that the money in the bank, plus what was coming in wasn’t going to make payroll? What would you do then? Pile millions of your own money in, in a futile attempt to stave off bankruptcy? Not pay your staff their full entitlements like Herve at Interplay? Stop paying all your suppliers, so they cant pay their employees? Maybe just steal whatever is left and spend it on hookers and blow?

Or do the responsible thing, and call it a day and close the company up.

You also ever think that maybe Mr Roper has left the building, and that perhaps the lawyers or the accountants or the administrators (or hanbitsofts lawyers) are now in charge? And maybe the new owners wondered who the hell left that forum server plugged in and using expensive electricity, when they could damn well sell the parts out of it for cash?

Haha this is a great thread. Brought to you straight from Fuck Infinite Interactive! Where is that, again?

If you buy it in the store right now, you can still play the game right? Why would they need to register accounts?

Umm, not according to Hanbitsoft.

And seriously, Mr. Bill was just trying to make a great game? The whole situation stinks of greed plain and simple. You should read the posts in the Drama thread that breaks down Flagship’s current deals. They basically played Namco for a bunch of cash, probably pocketed huge salaries, created a subscription service with the only goal to bilk players out of money and not provide an actual service, and now are trying to pull the same scam on other investors. They didn’t just go home and call it a day.