This disc is intended for rental purposes

This has been ticking me off lately as well. It’s fine if they put trailers at the front of the disc, but man, at least let me skip them. Forcing me to fast forward through them like an old VHS tape is just dumb.

Didn’t you read? He just extracts the correct titles and cuts if needed. No re-encoding, so no loss, or change in audio.

The only way he could be getting loss is if he’s burning back to a DVD-R, but it sounds like it’s just a direct file play? I still think it’s a lot of effort if you’re not going to watch something more than once or twice, but more than that and it’s probably worth it.

if you like the game,sing it loud,sing it proud,search "platypus priapism"on google

REPORTED

I tried this while watching Golden Voyage of Sinbad this weekend. Works! Wasn’t a rental disc, but hey, it cut that FBI warning short.

How do the rental companies get the “rental purposes” dvd? I mean, I’m sure they don’t order from amazon, but do they order directly from the studio, and if so, I thought the studios didn’t like the rental companies and tried to sue them out of existence? Do they cut them a deal to take the rental version?

I’m so confused.

Chris

Movie companies WANT the rental market. They just want it to be later than the retail release by a week or more and use stripped down discs.

Where can you rent Get Him to the Greek anyway? Netflix and RedBox show that as next week, for me.

I hate unskippable shit, and everyone should steal movies to punish that anti-consumer behavior.

For most films Netflix just buys the licenses and prints their own discs. That’s what those crappy silver and gray ones are.

New experience for me this evening.

Popped a Netflix disc in my player, worked my way through three previews and a commercial. Got to the actual dvd menu. Selected ‘play’.

AFTER selecting play from the film’s menu another commercial played. It was a PSA type commercial (that has nothing to do with the film’s subject, btw), but it was a commercial nonetheless. I’ve never had this happen before. It was like facing an extra Balrog after escaping the mines. WTF?

Dark days.

-xtien