This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

Ha, what is We Are Doomed? Sounds like a blast!

IMG_0498

I do not have PSVR, and Strike Vector Ex is a normal game.

The blog does say that there’s a free PSVR game for 2 months: RIGS Mechanized Combat League.

We Are Doomed is some odd-looking polygonal twin stick shooter. I might have actually bought and played it on Steam 2 years ago.

I heard this game is really prone to motion sickness… I’ll try

I liked First Light a lot because it isn’t a full sized game that wants me to play a couple dozen hours. The story is very white collar urban writers’ imagining of what it’s like to not be white collar but it does capture a certain Seattle-esque vibe. I think the big problem with the Infamous style of “open world” games is that unlike say, Grand Theft Auto, once you’ve completed the single player, tooling around the world for its own sake feels very, very pointless. First Light does have a sort of “endless challenge” mode where you’re in some sort of training arena and fight wave after wave of enemies.

That’s fine by me. I’m done with almost all open worlds long before I finish the single player campaign. It’s only really San Andreas and Los Santos that I’ve ever wanted to just tool around in.

Hatoful Boyfriend? Isn’t that the pigeon dating sim?

Wow.

Just grabbed the August games and tried out Just Cause 3… man… the loading times were worse than I heard.
Tried one of the older games, Neon Chrome, and it is awesome. Only annoying thing is rocket to the face.

Just got this email:

The Superhero Sim that lets you soar across the world, dive in the ocean and walk on the sun, is now available for preorder in the EU PS Store.

The game will arrive to PS4 and PS VR on October 17th after several delays, the last of which we announced today; for this reason we apologise to all the people that have been waiting for our game for years.

Megaton Rainfall is priced at 15,99€ / 15,99$, will support both VR and non-VR modes for the full experience, and will include PS4 Pro enhacements (including 4K 60 fps graphics).

Additionally, PSPlus subscribers will get an additional 20% discount during the preorder.

We hope you love the game. Thank you again for your support.

So hey, this month is okay, I guess:

• Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, PS4
  • Amnesia: Collection, PS4
  • Monster Jam Battlegrounds, PS3
  • Hustle Kings, PS3
  • Hue, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
  • Sky Force Anniversary, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4 & PS3)

Glad I never bought MGSV! Wow!

Same here!

Though now I’m wondering if I should bother finding a PS+ subscription or if I should just track down a used copy of the game instead. The last three months of PS+ PS4 selections tell me two things:

1. They are starting to do big game releases for PS4 now.
  2. I already own most of them or have already rented and played through them.

Given that second point, I honestly can’t think of any other big releases that are PS4 exclusives that I was interested in that I haven’t already gotten. There are three right now: The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, and Uncharted Collection (which I rented, but I only finished Uncharted 2, and got maybe 40% of the way through Uncharted 3).

So the odds that I’ll want the big releases coming up on PS+ are pretty small. There, I talked myself out of subscribing. :)

We need PS+ for online play. The free games are just an excellent bonus. I think The Last Guardian is a definite for PS Plus eventually. It’s not the evergreen seller that Uncharted or even Bloodborne are.

I enjoyed both of last month’s Vita games. Coming up:

Until Dawn Rush of Blood. VR, freebie until January.

Worms Battlegrounds, PS4
Bound, PS4
R-Type Dimensions, PS3
Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic, PS3
Dungeon Punks, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse (Episodes 1 & 2), PS Vita

Anything good this month? The PS3 games are skippable

That seems harsh, I really enjoyed R-Type Dimensions. I mean I played it on 360, but I don’t imagine the platforms are all that different for these types of games?

No harshness intended, more of a “You don’t really need to play this if you don’t want to” :)

We weren’t able to enjoy R-Type, but we also didn’t play those games when we were younger. Were you into the originals? It seemed incredibly rough compared to what we’ve got these days. I did enjoy watching someone die around 50 times to a boss though.

Yeah, I played the hell out of those kind of games, I love scrolling shooters. While I suppose it’s a product of its time, i.e. not a bullet hell, I feel like the fundamentals are fairly constant. But I guess if you’ve never played one before it may just not be your thing.

R-Type Dimensions is great because R-Type is great. It’s part of the lineage that led to Metal Slug. R-Type absolutely holds up today IMO. The 3D graphics in Dimensions are cool, but it’s got the original too. Totally worth the download for those that don’t own it already like me.

https://smile.amazon.com/Year-PlayStation-Plus-Membership-Digital/dp/B004RMK5QG/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1509751071&sr=1-4&keywords=playstation%2Bplus&th=1

On sale for $40 on Amazon right now. I’m not personally tempted by this month’s games or next month’s games and I’ve never played a multiplayer game on PS4. But it only comes to this price about twice a year, so it is tempting to buy the code and then hold onto it, and wait for a month where I do want one of the games.

On sale again… $39.99

https://www.amazon.com/Year-PlayStation-Plus-Membership-Digital/dp/B004RMK5QG?tag=qt3-20

If you get one of these, can you just slap it on your current subscription immediately to extend it by a year?