This movie sucks! But, man, do I love it!

I loved all of Cabin Boy, including the tobacco-spitting cupcake, “Katinka kawinka kalinka”, and especially Andy Richter’s character. I’m surprised Melora Walters was able to rustle up a decent career after her horribly acted turn as the lovely Katrina, though.

And I’ll back you up on Kung Pow, JD. At least, right up to the point when Tonguey repels the French aliens.

I thought those fell under “MST3K fodder” but if it’s fair game, I would like to recommend Godzilla vs. Hedorah. It has a trippy fish hallucination scene, random animated sequences, a Godzilla who flies backwards through the air using his breath, and (quoting) “a soundtrack that sounds like Dizzy Gillespie being stepped on”. Apparently the director was fired from making further Godzilla movies after the producer screened this one…

I’m going to get beat up for saying this…I own and secretly love and rewatch from time to time Alone in the Dark! gasp

Otherwise i also hate Uwe Boll.

I thought Kung Fu Hustle was far superior when it comes to amusing kung fu movies.

Which was somewhat of a shame because Hedorah at least was a pretty cool monster. Anyhow I like the Godzilla stuff well before MST3k and sans their treatments.

Kung Fu Hustle doesn’t belong anywhere near a thread about movies that suck.

Also, Kung Pow is easily one of the most awful movies I’ve ever seen. I don’t even remember if I finished it, but I do remember hating every moment I watched of it.

For some reason, I still enjoy seeing Tom Hanks in Joe Versus the Volcano. So bad for so many reasons, yet my wife and I still make occasional references to Brain Clouds and always getting a second opinion.

Another deep, dark, awful movie favorite is Ishtar. There’s something deliciously disturbing about a movie that would cast Dustin Hoffman as “the sexy one” opposite Warren Beatty. Before “Durka Durka” was the common generalization for Arabic, there was “Karreem! Karreem Abdul! …Abdul Jabar! Abdul Jabar!” Also, the blind camel scene is comedy gold.

No one dares call this movie bad in my presence!

Literally hundreds of Godzilla/Giant Monster and Martial Arts movies. Lots. I love most Grindhouse-era movies (I probably watch the “Drive-in Classics” channel more than any other cable channel).

Others - the cheeseball 80s action movies: Death Wish 3, Delta Force, Commando, Cobra, etc. etc.

Why does Commando always make the cut when the other Governator films fall by the wayside?

“You said you’d kill me last!!”

“I lied.”

“Aieeeeeeeeeee”

That’s just wrong on so many levels. The only people who get more abuse in prison than child molesters are you pervy Uwe Boll fetishists.

I enjoy She’s All That, and I’m sure Jose Liz is with me.

Matthew Lillard is in it, playing someone from The Real World. He does a couple of things that are mildly amusing. The main draw for me, though, is Kevin Pollack as the main girl’s dad. At one point, his daughter is on the phone, and he is watching Jeopardy in the background (quiet and out of focus). We can’t here the “answers” that Trebeck is reading, but we can hear Pollack’s response and the correct “question”. Several of them of funny, but the only one I remember is he says, “Who is Lou Rawls?” and then Trebeck says, “The correct question is ‘Who is Pope Gregory the 16th’”.

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man

Mickey Rourke and Don Johnson in a near future homage to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Re-Animator.

I also have a soft spot for Billy Madison, and I remember liking Cabin Boy, although I haven’t seen it in years.

I think it’s because you’re the only person who knows that.

Also, does The Hidden count as a bad movie or is it awesome sauce? Kyle MacLachlan hunts an intergalatic criminal who snatches bodies to steal fast cars.

The 80’s were such a great time for campy horror. I’m sure the first two Evil Dead movies are on everyone’s list as well. (Horrible confession time – I don’t like Army of Darkness!)

I wouldn’t call Re-Animator a bad movie, because it’s being purposefully campy.

Rightbug, I have never heard of anybody liking that Harley Davidson movie. I doff my chapeau of bad taste to you, sir.

Pretty much any Adam Sandler movie.

Also: Aberration

I’m just going to stop looking at this thread after that Re-Animator comment. What’s next? Taxi Driver? HUR HUR HUR!

“Here I yahm!”

Zorro, the Gay Blade.