Three Words: Cyberpunk. Horror. Rutger Hauer. OK, Four Words.

New game from the folks who made Layers of Fear, check out the trailer:

Shit man, looks real nice. Blade Runner with brain jacking.

Another game so fast after the last one though? It’s a shame Layers of Fear lacked substance. Makes you wonder if this one will have more of it.

I actually own Layers of Fear, got a free copy through Xbox GwG, but I haven’t played because word of mouth was pretty poor. Kind of want to fire it up because this game looks like something seriously cool, but I’m not sure if I want to buy it blind.

Ok wow. That’s awesome.

Looks great, just watched someone play a bit on Twitch. Wish-listed for now, Agents of Mayhem, came first. But hope this is good.

I may take one for the team here, I’m intrigued by the concept. Still haven’t played my copy of Layers of Fear, which I kind of wanted to do first, but oh well.

In what I suppose must be a good sign, Gamespot gave Observer a 9 out of 10. Even better, the actual review makes the game sound really interesting.

Should be Dolph Lundgen or Brian Thompson.

Got this during the free game giveaway from Twitch and beat it over the past 2 days.

It’s visually quite stunning and the jacking sequences are the best I’ve ever seen in a video game. The controls and the stealth sequences were pretty annoying though - I think the game would have been better without them.

If I had a nit, it’ll be the fact that the entire game pretty much takes place in one apartment complex - we don’t really get a chance to explore the world that Observer takes place in.

Still - the best cyberpunk adv game in recent memory so that counts for something.

Getting a visual upgrade for next gen:

Also I forgot we have 2 threads!

Finally brought this off the backlog after several years. Man, if only Cyberpunk 2077 had had some of its imagination and coherency.

(The actual game itself isn’t that great, being dependent on poorly explained instakill stealth, but the first time you jack into someone’s brain…)