Tiger King? More like Elephant Emperor! Let's play John Company

We’re waiting for this allocation to complete before continuing with family actions.

I believe that the only benefit the Company chair derives from their role is the leverage they can exert from assigning funds and promoting officers to vacant executive positions. They get no direct benefit from the joint Treasury.

I was referring to the four shareholder cubes, for which the honorable Sykes family receives 4 pounds of every 9 pound dividend…

Oh riiiiiight

The Company stock price is currently healthy. We may opt against premature dividends in favor of reinvestment into a vibrant economy.

Much will depend on your attempts at trade. £2 for Bombay is easily accomplished, but a second £2 can be spent elsewhere (or in Bombay) at your discretion–in return for a promise or £1 of family money.

DjH91De_d~2

(Folks, I started the game with no manors, no ships, no factories, and no nephews in any post–not even writers, not to mention captains or officers. This is honest graft, insofar as I am literally unable to otherwise steer monies to the Sykes famiglia.)

I humbly suggest to my fellow servants of the Company that we pursue the relatively inexpensive efforts involved in peaceful trade, rather than taking on the burden and expense of governing and garrisoning territory.

I agree that a light hand on the subcontinent is preferred, but a police force to quell rebellions may become necessary if we’re to have any kind of stable fortune there.

Sorry wrapped up in family things and realize I misunderstood a rules thing. Will try and weigh in intelligently once I can reread.

I would do this.

I don’t feel exceptionally strongly about any of the presidencies at this point, but I do feel like trade is the best option right now.

Splendid! Just splendid!

How would you like your £4 of Company funds to be spent, dear sir?

In other news, the Sykes have received a promise from C.F. Benyon in return for discretionary funding to be applied to Bombay. After the honorable Walshes indicate how certain funds are to be allocated, (see above) we may continue with the exciting business of nephew employment.

Bengal please

The great work is complete.

Of the £20 in Company funds;

£5 to Ships Purchasing for two promises from the Larkin family (c.f. post 36, £4 plus £1 as goodwill)

£3 to Goods Purchasing

£1 to Military Affairs

£5 to the Bombay Presidency for a promise from the Benyon family (private correspondence)

£1 to the Madras Presidency

£5 to the Bengal Presidency for £1 of Walsh Family funds, payable immediately.

Let the hiring of nephews commence!

@Matt_W for a Family Phase action. Anyone who wants to dispute the above agreements, please do so, otherwise I’ll assume they’re confirmed.

As the Larkins’ Company shares manager, I sense opportunity in shipyards. I’d like to purchase a new shipyard on the Sussex coast and then add improvements to it.

Add two blue cubes to the shipyards below the second ship to the left (not under the shipyard already controlled by pink.) Total cost is £4 (due to the Larkin family ability.)

@CF_Kane preloaded buying a Factory. Action to @Kolbex

Indeed, thank you @Cuthbert.

Is there a current board state pic?

Grumble grumble grumble fiiiine.

Thank you.

Paxtons will buy into the Walsh family shipyard.

Family action to @Lantz