Tiny Islands - Post your Dailies here!

59 today. A couple of decently placed boats ended up being worth quite a lot.

Middling score, 54.

65 today. I tried to focus on a single larger island as well as ocean features.

I think the only reason I don’t score 61.5 every day is that isn’t a possible score. But I sure do average 61.5

You guys ever take a second swing at the daily? Do you find you do way better the second time?

I did today, and…I did.

Yes, that’s why we discussed what should be posted. Once you know the deck, like any game where you come in with that sort of knowledge, you’ll probably do a lot better.

Maximizing your return the first time through is the real fun IMO.

Fair enough. I knew it was discussed, I just didn’t know what the typical discrepancy was. When I’ve tried a second time, I usually improve by less than 10 points, but today it made a big difference.

But obviously I only posted my first run, I was just wondering what kind of improvement people usually made if they tried it a second time. Or if most people only play them once.

I don’t usually do it a second time, though I’m not sure I would improve all that much. I don’t think I’d remember well enough all the cards I had, but I suppose at most I might remember “okay, there were a lot of mountains” or “there were barely any houses” or something. I guess maybe I’d remember enough to gain a few points, but probably not a huge amount.

And that’s been my experience most of the times I’ve done it, though I usually do a few random shuffles after the daily. But no, I generally don’t remember it that well, and I mean, usually, the strategy I used the first time didn’t work so well, so I take a different approach, which may or may not work any better.

Today, I went from 54 to 70. And I haven’t broken 70 very many times, so I got excited. :-)

i did a second try today and got 5 points less, so I think it is too much work for me to bother.

1. Trees came out like gangbusters so I exploited that and then the mountains all came out next to them it felt like, so… it went well. Churches are pretty bad now compared to if you got lucky before.

59 today.

Ew. An embarrassing 49 today. Good on you guys.

I think I’m getting worse at this game.

The randomness makes it really tough to be consistent, but this seems pretty close to my average.

Realized after the fact that I could have used my final island to pick up one more point with a beach instead placing a random lake for no reason.

Fitty Nine today.

Managed to break 60 again today… barely. This one seemed a bit all over the place with choices, and I think it was easy to make wrong decisions. I think I got lucky.

Okay, I’m gonna ask a dumb question that I should probably know the answer to, but don’t:

When you choose card A over card B, should you expect card B to come back around? Do you eventually play every card but 1, or do cards you reject never come back? (I think it’s more the latter, or some mix of the two, but I haven’t been able to pin it down.)