Titan Quest

Do you know if they’ve added much QoL improvements to the game? I remember really enjoying TQ and Grim Dawn, but when I went back to Grim Dawn not long ago I actually found it a little cumbersome/repetitive to play (at least in the early game!). Maybe I just got used to how streamlined everything in Diablo 3 was.

Not a clue

I beat it a few times.
Its pretty good. Not as good as their prior DLC, but much shorter. It doesn’t add anything the main storyline though.

Also, they have a gambler feature to the game. Its expansive, but it randomly generates loot. Its a good way to use up all the gold I kept acquiring since I pick up almost everything, if only to sell.

Some of the new relics are kind if interesting as well.

Handy Games (part of Titan Quest publisher, THQ Nordic) posted this today:

Make of it what you will.

Titan Quest: the MOBA

This just leaves me wondering what Crate’s up to these days.

Woah, I bet it’s Titan Quest Legendary edition, which includes the Anniversary edition and the two new DLC.

Well, they keep putting out updates to Grim Dawn. They also have been working on their city builder for several years. And last time I was on their forums they were hinting at another project they have in the works that they said would appeal to Grim Dawn fans but isn’t a sequel.

2020 had enough Greek mythology already! ;)

Never

Titan Quest: Ragnarök | PC - Steam | Game Keys (greenmangaming.com)

Nice little sale going on, if you haven’t had a chance to pick up this DLC yet.

Sad thing is I bought TQ ragnarok when it was released but never played it. I guess grim Dawn really improved on tq in so many ways it is hard to go back.

My fundamental problem with Grim Dawn is that the world and creatures are utterly bland compared to TQ. If they make another game, I hope they go to a more TQ like world and keep the mechanics of GD.

It’s one of the many reasons I still prefer TQ to GD. Sure, there aren’t as many shinies, and the mechanics are a bit more straightforward, but the setting works for me.

That being said, when they linked poison damage to dexterity, and made a few other things scale to stats better, the game got a bit more interesting to me. Especially since it helps my favorite build, the Illusionist.

Gamestar.de speculates that Titan Quest 2 is in development at THQ Nordic daughter Grimlore Games (Spellforce 3).

Please do it justice

TQ2! I hope it’s true, and I hope it lives up to the first. TQ is still one of my favorite all-time games.

TQ is one of my favorite games. The themes of the masteries really click with me and the ability to combine two of them was such a smart design. The world (at least before the IT expansion) is beautiful - bright and colorful when most other games were dark and grim - and the day/night cycle is a nice touch.

Really hope the sequel is good and keeps the aesthetic and slower gameplay of TQ1. And maybe make poison and bleed builds useful this time.

Now I’m going to spend most of the day fighting the urge to install TQ again.

TQ Anniversary Edition is free on steam starting 1PM ET Sept 16.

TQ is one of my faves. If you don’t have it, now’s a great time to try it out. Do people feel it holds up these days, though? I know a lot of people prefer Grim Dawn over TQ, and GD probably has more QoL improvements since it came later.