Titanfall 2 - Maybe this time it will retain players?

That’s what’s been reported for a while now - they have at least a couple teams - but EA seems especially prone to taking most people off one team to help another. Not that other studios don’t also do something similar, but it seems very likely with EA.

Well, this is EA. Apex Legends might bomb (given how crowded the Battle Royale field is), and then Respawn can sputter on for a bit before being shuttered, as per EA’s usual method of acquiring studios, running them into the ground, and then closing them.

But I hope not. I’d love to play Titanfall 3.

Like tears in rain.

I downloaded Apex Legends, 20GB worth. Launched it and saw a splash screen before it returned back to Origin. Uninstalled Apex Legends. Didn’t even get to configure my graphics options.

As someone who considers Titanfall 2 to have the most enjoyable single player FPS campaign of the generation (possibly ever), I’m beyond disappointed to hear a full-fledged sequel was put on hold/cancelled in favor of Apex Legends. :(

“Might”? This is the end of Respawn.

They still have their Star Wars action game, The Fallen Order, which is directed by Stig Asmussen coming later this year, but I certainly feel less confident about Respawn’s future now.

Nah, their star wars game is gonna hit it out of the park, I suspect.

Forty quatloos says EA cancels it.

A narrative single-player action-game like God of War? How would they monetize that beyond (gasp) selling the box?

Odyssey’s monetization is weird. The lootbox and gear they offer for sale weekly consists of only a half dozen fixed, rotating items. If you’ve played Diablo, WoW, Destiny etc, they’re only blue + purple quality gear that you easily get better versions of while questing. So totally optional except for any cosmetics people may want to kit their character out with…for a totally single player game that no other players will see unless you screenshot outside of game IRL.

But people are apparently spending money?

The game plays much better with the $10 50% xp boost, so that’s a pretty popular item. I know someone is going to chime in and say I’m wrong, so whoever you are just go right ahead and suck it.

Cosmetics, I don’t get either. I’m playing Far Cry 5 and there’s nothing I’d really want to buy, just cosmetics. The bummer of it is the game has tons of cool skins and vehicles and whatnot that would be fun to use, but I’ll be damned if I’ll pay for them. So it just makes the game overall worse.

BTW I think the answer to the thread is “No” unfortunately.

I bought the XP/Drachma perk (even though I just used a trainer to give myself drachmae) and the Pegasus mount to be able to jump from anywhere while mounted. I wonder how the SW Battlefront II cosmetic change worked out for EA.

So I reinstalled this after just not feeling it with Apex Legends. So glad I did. I love this campaign so much.

Nice!

Such an awesome campaign, one of the best I have ever played.

Agreed. It’s really ramped the game up to one of my all-time favorites.

If you see me in MP, feel free to join! I must play the campaign again but the MP is my honey pot. It’s such an amazing package.

I played the other night and had Last Titan Standing, Amped Hardpoint and Capture the Flag, all in a row on Mixtape. That’s unheard of since launch! There were a couple of thousand playing, no doubt some new blood from the Apex Legend’s buzz.

I had an amazing moment on the CTF game I wish I’d managed to record where I was defending the flag on Forwardbase Kodai. Saw a Ronin trying to flank us and as I watched out for it saw a pilot stim boosting past with our flag. I popped a thermite grenade off and hit him mid-air. Then I turned round to see another dude stealing our flag. A few shots later and I hit him in mid-air before yet another guy picked up the flag and hightailed it across the roof in the other direction. I ran after him as he launched himself off the building and popped him out of the air as well with a thermite grenade. Landing those kinds of aerial shots with Scorch is tough so I was very pleased with myself! :-)

Here’s my baby:

The Amped Hardpoint game was one of the closest I’ve had too:

And I’ll take these character models over Apex’s too:

So cool.

Playing through the campaign has shown me how rusty I am, so imma finish that before even touching multiplayer.

O.k. @BrianRubin, I am going to finally invest in this campaign - started it once and liked the feel of movement/weapons but only played a bit of the tutorial before getting distracted.

Excellent. It’s up there with Freespace 2 for me, man. ;)

When scorch works, he WORKS.