Titanfall 2 - Maybe this time it will retain players?

I am so bummed the PC player count is so low. Really wish there were more people playing. Love the multiplayer.

Wonderful video about the making of one of Titanfall 2’s best levels:

Yeah, just playing through this now after picking it up for $5, and that level has some of the best platforming action I’ve ever seen. Very neat stuff.

Hellllsss yeah. How far in are you?

Just past that level.

Edit: this is the best fps campaign I’ve ever played.

It really is very good. I’ve played through it twice over the years, and just the other day I re-downloaded it and stated another run.

Damn, it just keeps going. Feels like I’ve played it a lot longer than the 4 hours Origin claims.

Ok I finished it. Very good, and I was even able to get into a round of Attrition afterward.

Yeah, the MP is also awesome. It’s one of the best SP and MP shooter packages out there. I should get back on it at some point.

It had a free weekend a couple years ago and I tried it at a LAN party. I remember not being very taken with it at the time. Nothing but endless battles royale since has enlightened me to its very excellent qualities.

The thing is, this and Splatoon have some excellent game modes, PvP and PvE. God, ‘game modes’ almost seems old school now…

That reminds me, I should check out Splatoon 2’s SP.

Fuck it. Time to replay the campaign.

Yup. Still the best shooter campaign I’ve ever played. Weapons have satisfying punch. Enemies are smart enough. Mech combat is a blast. Pilot movement is exhilarating. And, awesome awesome level design.

I’ve been having fun doing the odd Attrition match here and there, and yesterday I did Frontier Defense with my brother and a couple other people, which was also fun. Good game.

Finished! Third time through and it never gets old.

BT gets me choked up every time

Spoiler:
Every aspect of Titanfall 2 is superb.
It was the best shooter of its generation, and basically no one played it because it had no advertising at all.

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is the best multiplayer shooter of this generation so far. DOOM 2016 is the best single player of same generation. Titanfall 2 failed to gain traction because it was too difficult for idiots to play. It was hard to keep people interested when all they could do is bump into walls and fall to the ground while the other guy is zooming over their head at 300mph dropping bodies without ever having been seen.

I love TF2, love it. Almost everything about it. And I want more games like it. But aside from the worst release window and marketing ever, it’s just too complicated for less invested people to drop in and feel good while playing it.

False, I play it.

I stand corrected.

Origin has the standard edition of Titanfall 2 on sale for $2.99. The ultimate edition is also on sale, for… $2.99. So I bought a copy of the ultimate edition, now I just need to find the time to play it.