Tom Chick's top ten games of 2020

And now we have a game I’ve never heard of.

The fourth game in the Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army spin-off series (the previous entries weren’t very good but Tom seems to really like this one). It was an Epic exclusive which undoubtedly reduced its profile.

But now it’s on Stadia which will no doubt put it in front of dozens of eyes, if not dozens of pairs of eyes!

It was $1, so there’s that…

Shouldn’t zombies AUTOMATICALLY disqualify a game from a GOTY list?

I think you underestimate Tom’s love of zombies. I think zombies automatically put a game in the running for the top ten.

Glad to see Shadow Empire in the Top 10! My Game of the Year. But then again, I didn’t play the other games on the list, so what do I know?

I am really tempted to go for Zombie Army 4 … but my backlog. It is on sale on PSN. Well, what a surprise list this is so far… now anything is on the table!

And the number 4 game of 2020 is Art of Rally!

-Tom

And now we have a game that I’ve never heard of, but it looks interesting!

Art of Rally definitely deserves to be on this list.

Had a feeling that one would be up there. I haven’t played it, but didn’t care for their previous title, absolute drift. I like the aesthetics, and I love that it is focused on older really cares of the 60s and 70s. If it had anything remotely resembling actual physics, I’d probably be playing it, but my understanding is that it is an arcade racer through and through.

Tom’s review seems to suggest exactly the opposite. Actually, if it were arcadier, I’d be more interested. I only have so much bandwidth for racing sims and I’ve still got a lot of DiRT Rally 2.0 to play.

So what do we think is left in the top 3? Snowrunner? Immortals? I don’t remember what else Tom liked this year. Actually I don’t remember exactly what did and didn’t happen in 2020, in any context.

About three centuries, give or take.

I’d say those are both extremely likely. Maybe Fuser?

Have you heard the good news about Bloody Rally Show, my son? ;)

It could well be that the reviews I saw had all the assists on. Hmmm… less than 9 bucks at Epic. This would be the 6th game I’d bought during the sale

They ever make it so you could turn off the stupid director?

Yes, I have in fact seen you post at some point in the past year. :)

Unfortunately, racers where the car orientation doesn’t match the screen orientation do not work with my brain. Never have, all the way back to the arcade games like Super Off Road.

They sure did my friend.

There are three camera modes, one that follows the car, one that follows the road, and a mix of the two. You should check it out in the prologue version: