Tom Clancy's The Division

The “pop” animation is super satisfying in this one. I think it is because of the delay before the actual explosion when the cleaner scrambles around to get the tank off.

Yes you’re right, that is additional icing on the cake seeing the character have a few seconds of panicked scrambling before they explode.

Wow, I sound super sadistic.

So there’s a new Global Event starting yesterday … it’s the fourth one called Ambush. Global Events are global modifier that makes the game interesting. For Ambush, you gotta stay in cover and shoot. If you move and shoot ala Counterstrike, then you fill up a bar and when the bar is full, your character gets damage by an implosion. This forces everyone to play tactically. Nice.

I started playing again this thing. I tried before but the game did not clicked.

But the last 2 days the game has been really fun to me.

I have deleted almost all my gear, because it was forcing me to evaluate every drop and making things dificult.

I love the new event. I play like a drunk rambo retard (my LMG give me health for kills and on crits ). Looking forward for more hours grinding levels and learning the new stuff :D

Yeah, the gear drop can be too overwhelming. I am not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing. Not enough drops and you will lose players… too many and it’s information overload. I typically focus on a couple of weapon types I am interested and sold/dismantle the rest of the weapons (I wouldn’t even bother reading what are the specs for those). Same with armor gear. I focused on the Classified gear (these are the one with a folder icon on the picture and they are extremely rare). I chuck the rest … or you can focus on specific gears eg Striker, Reclaimer set. Chuck the rest. This makes inventory management saner.

Also, every Saturday, the players at reddit will compile a list of equipments and gears for sale by the vendor, who will have cool gear for sale running for week-long. Do check it out. What I like about this list is that the experts chime in to recommend what you should buy or not.

(the thread above is for 1/19, every week there is a new thread)

I’ve been getting back into this game lately - I had kind of bailed out a while back less by choice than necessity, since the two friends that had been playing with me gave up on the game. But it’s worked out pretty well, I solo the side content and then matchmake for the “main” missions, and that’s gone well. I even bought the DLC when it was on sale though I haven’t tried it out yet.

One thing that seems to have been ironed out since I last played was enemy levels in comparison with my character. Sometimes I would log in and be matched appropriately and then sometimes the enemies would be a level or two above me, and it really affected my ability to make any progress whatsoever, when even randoms on the street would overpower me. That hasn’t happened in the week I’ve been replaying.

Which is not to say I haven’t encountered challenging situations - I ran into a group of randoms last night that included a yellow class enemy and he chewed me up. But I was able to change my approach, find a rooftop to get the drop in them and finally took them all down. Really satisfying to find that tactical advantages can often be found if you seek them out and that they work pretty well.

I’m enjoying this so much more than I thought I would.
My only issue is that it’s really useless to play it with friends that are a lot lower / higher level than yourself. And sure, I understand that you can go for matchmaking, but I’d rather play it with people I know. So we started out, 4 of us, but then me and another friend of mine had a lot more time to put into this and we’re now 10-14 levels over the other two guys.

So - if I’m to play with them (I’m level 25 and my oher two friends 10-13) - the enemies scale to level 18. Which makes it boring for me as they drop NO useful loot whatsoever for me, and a frickin’ nightmare for my frienda as they get one shot killed and I have to revive them all the time.

So this kind of sucks.

Also, I’ve played this so much with friends that I’m not able to enjoy it on my own (I just run around and pick up all intel), plus as @divedivedive mentions, I’ve been really overwhelmed by ridiculously strong enemies recently. Also tried a couple of encounters now at level 25 but after dying the 3rd time, I kind of lost interest to play it alone. Which is a bit sad, cause I really enjoy this game.

So… well. If anyone is around level 25, feel free to add me =) (KristinaKraah on PS4).

I’d offer my services but I’m playing on Xbox and I’m something like ten hours behind you. But I agree, it’s always better to play with folks you know - I’m just pleased with how easy it’s been to find matchmaking teams, even though the game has been out for some time now.

Level 21 here, but on PC… otherwise I’d join you, @kristina .

Yeah, I find it amazing that it is so easy to match make and when you go on missions with strangers, the cooperation is there - even among strangers and no voice communications. I don’t play a lot of mp, and this is probably true for any other mp games, I am just awed by this in Division.

I think if you are playing single player, you need to spec your self along dropping the medic station or using a seeker bomb to flush the enemies out. You will be very dependent on building a good build for solo - look at things like Skills Haste to improve your cool down and also maybe a good sniper rifle to snipe from afar. Otherwise, yes, it is a bit hard to solo as you levelled up.

If you have a lot of money - this week’s vendor are selling some good stuff:

• Electronics Mod at Southpaw. Comes with 3% Damage to Elites. Really high Electronics and 3% Damage to Elites. Must buy.
  • Stamina Mod at Camp Hudson Gear Vendor. Comes with 3% Damage to Elites. High Stamina and 3% Damage to Elites. Must buy.

Buy a few of these and add to your gear. These will make it so easy for you against the Yellow enemies.

Oh, wait… I am not sure if you can mod your armour if you haven’t reached level 30 … :(

Yeah, I’m level 29 and I’ve been able to mod my armor for several levels. Not all the time, and only blue and better though.

Regardless, if you have money to spare, Damage to Elites is something you should get a few of. These drops are so random and sometimes so rare, it’s wise to grab a couple.

And Lightweight M4 is one of the best and most versatile weapon. It’s an assault rifle so, it is very useful for long distance and tight spaces. Be sure to put in lots of stability mods and you will be a champ in no time :)

Oh, nice! I’ll definitely have to buy those. And yeah, no problem modding pretty much any gear by now (at least blue ones).
I always use a sniper rifle, that’s my favourite weapon (in any game, actually).
Other than that, I use the medic station and a turret. I’m just stuck in an encounter where enemies are coming both front and behind, with snipers and whatnots, so there’s pretty much no cover to use. And even if I stay alive, they kill off the JTF officer I need to protect if I take my time.

Ah - I think one of the reasons I’ve been hesitating to matchmake is because I don’t really feel like talking to strangers. But if it works perfectly fine withouth talking, then hey, I’m game!

I don’t like it either and so this game just matches my personality!!

So I managed to ding 30 last night and looks like a bunch of game options became available to me. For one, I got bumped up a world tier level (from 0 to 1) which I was a bit reluctant about doing since I haven’t beaten the actual campaign yet. But while I have tougher enemies to fight, wow did it bump up the quality of drops. I got a yellow machine gun almost immediately. Plus I did a daily quest without realizing it, killing 10 LMB dudes, which netted me a new yellow armor piece that was 300 defense points higher than my current one. I might have felt the bite of the loot chase bug.

Yeah!!! The game opens up once you reached Level 30, to be honest. Don’t forget those Damage to Elites mod I talked about. The sale reset in the next 24 hours I think.

Yeah I picked up one of them (all I could afford at the moment) but I did notice I already had a couple of mods that did additional elite damage. Good thing, I am definitely seeing more elites.

Oh, and I just read that Ubisoft is giving 2X rewards for Hugh value Targets this weekends. Be sure to hit them for double the experience and loot.

The mods listed above has the maxed out Damage to Elites but if you already have others, every bit counts.

I mentioned this before in passing, but I really like the way matchmaking is handled in this game. I can approach a mission I want to start and hit a button to initiate matchmaking, and it will continue trying as I continue into the mission. Then as people are identified they drop in on the fly, join me as I go and drop out as they please. It’s pretty seamless to me. This may not be revolutionary or all that different than how other multiplayer-focused games handle things, but it seems notably easier in The Division than many other games I play.

I haven’t played it since 2016, but The Division’s matchmaking and networking tech was always the most impressive thing about it to me. The way I could even see my Xbox Live friends on the map at any time even if we weren’t playing together or in the same game, making it seamless to join each others’ games, and the social spaces, and everything else was just really cool.