Top Gun 3: More Fifth-Generation Fighters

My prediction: This time they do have to fight AI controlled enemies.

I didn’t expect much from TG2 and it was awesome. Still, I’ll be super surprised if they can replicate it again.

Yeah, TG2 was a near perfect piece of nostalgia, but you can’t ride that into another film. There’s nothing more to do, there.

Put them in Veritech fighters and add a virtual idol. Macross Plus, babeeeeeeee!

They are going to do a “Stealth”?

Ha, 100% correct, no doubt in my mind.

I am hoping for an Airwolf vs TopGun crossover movie.

Good lord, Airwolf was so bad but I loved it back in the day.

It will be the Godfather 3 of Top Gun movies.

Always like me some Tom Cruise, and plenty of stories to tell in the air. Maybe he becomes a space ninja.

Yeah I doubt if anyone can come up with a script as good as the last one. Maybe Christopher McQuarrie?

Top Gun 3: In which we discover that Mav actually did die in TG2, and in the afterlife is revealed to be a thetan, fighting space aliens for Xenu and the Galactic Confederacy to protect Teegeeack.

Airwolf was and is incredible. The flying stunts in that show would give modern risk managers coronaries in a single episode. Everything else, meh, but the chopper stunts are amazing.

I want a Top Gun / Yukikaze crossover…

Oh yeah, I would like to take the opportunity of this thread to tout my mashup of near-future military aviation thriller and romance, a novelette so ridiculous I couldn’t sell it to even the most desperate magazine:

Also while I’m here, you may be unaware of this fun-looking Korean military aviation thriller, R2B, which I haven’t watched yet apart from this action scene compilation.

I won’t be surprised if it’s good, maybe really good. Tom Cruise has become an excellent film maker, in addition to being a star. He really has become a master of the craft in so many ways.

Yeah, but I think regardless of TomCruise star power, audiences are clued into the plot reuse and recycle trend now, after the StarWars trilogy disppointment, etc. You can’t just slap new names and new locations on the same plot structure over and over and get the same enthusiasm. TopGun2 got a pass, even if it was recycled plot, because of the homage to the original was poignant enough; but two or three years later, you have to go somewhere new or you get boredom for your franchise (because I guarantee, even if / when Tom Cruise stops participating in them, the studio wants to make a franchise of this, like the Fast and Furious films.)