Torchlight 2

Coming spring 2011. Includes co-op!

I couldn’t care less about co-op, but everything else sounds nice. Sold.

I wonder if they’ve done a balancing pass on the game so there’s more options than “impossibly difficult” and “laughably easy”.

Lack of co-op was the reason I didn’t even consider the first game. I’m glad they decided to add that option, now I’m paying attention.

I think the issue was more the curve. You could get halfway through the game or more before the difficulty picked up and then it would jump significantly. If you played just a few hours found it easy and restarted on a harder difficulty you didn’t really have any idea of how hard it would get later on.

Multiplayer will be awesome, I wonder how many people it’ll support, it says coop so I’m guessing only two but I’m hoping for more!

I’m glad to hear about a follow up with co-op. My brother and I will definitely get into this.

Too bad they can’t simply patch co-op into the original game, that’s all I really give a shit about.

Well, technically, I could care less. I have negative caring. Multiplayer is A Bad Thing that compromises the design of good games, and the extent to which the multiplayer harms the game determines the magnitude of the hate I hold for it. And that well is very deep indeed.

But random outdoor areas with weather? Sold!

So how does this relate to their free to play MMO version? Did it get scrapped in favor of this, or did it morph into this? Or Is it an ongoing, separate project?

I agree, multiplayer is what ruined Diablo II for me.

No mention that I could find of the new class. I’m guessing a healer type given the co-op inclusion.

Yeah, and Team Fortress 2.

I can get behind “multiplayer can ruin game design for single-player” in some circumstances, but co-op? When has that ever been a problem?

Particularly in a genre that was invented with co-op play in mind. BJB’s just being a wet blanket.

From the FAQ (Can’t link yet- post count… sorry) : forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=14139

Is this the MMO?
No, this is not the Torchlight MMO. The Torchlight MMO will still be released some time after Torchlight II.

I lol’ed

That may well be, but you get that you might be in the minority on that right?

I’m a little disappointed it’s peer-to-peer multiplayer. I understand why (the costs involved are enormous), but I would love Torchlight in a cheat free multiplayer environment.

Er…how, exactly? Did you feel compelled to play in co-op mode, rather than the single player mode?

I hope this is a full-on $50 product with hours of deep and rewarding gameplay. I really liked TL but every character was fairly similar in a lot of ways, the skills (and the overlap) weren’t super interesting much of the time. I loved a LOT of what TL did though - enchanting, the loot, the visual style, the level design and the map tools, just some awesome stuff.

But if TL2 is all that but better, bigger, and more bad-ass then I’m sold, day one. And I love me some Co-Op with my son or my buddies, so it’s an easy day one purchase. I do home they put more into it though, now they have a (presumably) bigger budget. I’d pay $50 for what this game looks like in my head.

What’s with all the negative shit giving? Co-op, Shmo-op I say. This announcement equals all kinds of win.

I never played Diablo II co-op and it is one of the relatively few games I have played all the way through. I am sure I was missing out, but it was my fear of other weird, internet gamers.

I do agree about the desire for additional classes. Preferably, another that predominantly uses the bash-to-kill abilities.