Torchlight Frontiers - Co-Op Diablo Goodness

Now show me a party of 4 Railmasters… I wanna see the ground overrun with tracks.

Reminds me of John Henry. But … the character is a white dude?

Certainly a different take on a pet class.

I have no inside knowledge about the game but it’s certainly possible that skin color will be an option when creating a character.

That was the case in TL2, as I recall.

I played but didn’t finish TL2, two family members got bored and I didn’t finish alone. Mainly I remember the pets picking up the loot which was fantastic at the time. I remember spending lots of thought on the right pet look, but not much on the character choices. Heh. But this isn’t a “I can’t play the avatar I feel like today” but more specific.

The class illustration pic though was what I was thinking. It just seemed so close to John Henry that it just struck me as odd that the class illustration picture was a white dude.

Maybe I’ll be the only one where that is their first thought. Had a great-great grandfather die building the railroads. Family story tells of great-great grandmother refusing to allow track side paupers grave and fetching the body home. Also a grandfather, other side, was train mechanic through the Great Depression in the Chicago Railyards. Had an uncle, his son, build his house to look like a roundhouse, and buy and restore two vintage rail coach cars.

So I guess I’m just an oddball raised on many train legends.

I never finished Act 1 of Torchlight 2. We all played Hardcore characters, and some of my friends were able to get to Act 2 and die there, but I was too busy in those to play with them all the time, so I was a bit behind. It seemed like a nice game, but for hardcore, I just found it too tough. Much tougher than the first game (in which my hardcore character never made it to the end, but at least we made it much farther).

It was a bit of a slog. In hindsight, Ice Staff Berzerker was not the best build in the cold areas.

You can’t bump a thread that’s been dormant for 3 months and delete your comment! :D

(I’m just joking, I see your post in the Torchlight thread)

I’m a rebel me. :)

I’d love more gameplay info on Torchlight Frontiers though.

Here’s an interesting quote from the article:

Sort of a weird way to put it - changes that are hard to pin down? That makes it sound like they’re changing stuff and seeing what effect it has, which to me seems like a strange way to implement your design/vision.

At any rate, I have to admit I totally forgot about this title, so I’m not disappointed that it’s not coming out for a while!

I was reading an article this weekend about how the Diablo 2 remaster probably will not materialize because when they were working on the game, they lost it due to corruption. They were able to re-create the game again from what they took home, but they lost a lot of the original art assets.

Anyway, that wasn’t my point, my point was that hey looking at that, this Schaefer is that Schaefer. So maybe Torchlight Frontiers will kick ass.

Wait, so what game was this thread about? Was it the game that turned into Torchlight 3?

Or was it the game that will be coming out in a few days that’s Torchlight Infinite?