Total War Saga is Creative Assembly's bite-sized take on history

Well you guys inspired me to fire it up. It’s Total War, all right! Looks good, plays about like I remember. Great stuff for free, so far.

Love to give you mine, as an admitted huge series fan.

However I think my processor has finally reached the end of the line for new games. Its had a good run, being over 12 years old at this point.

I mean its a Core 2 Quad 9650 and Radeon 7850 graphics card. It played Witcher 3 even, but alas when I load the strategic map it goes to a black screen with the cursor and sound only.

Progress! I made a few tweaks and now instead of freezing on a black screen with cursor and sounds, I have a still frame of Troy and the advisor!

Still frozen and can’t exit the game. Completely unresponsive, but at least its a wallpaper now.

Enjoying this one, slowly playing through a campaign as Mycenae. I rashly chose to advance on an enemy settlement and instead ended up fighting a defensive battle as they mustered out to meet me, with reinforcements. Despite their overwhelming numerical advantage I fought them to a close defeat, and Agamenon murdered both enemy generals on the battlefield, and yet he was “rewarded” for this entire episode with the trait “hare-hearted,” which gives him -60 to melee damage. A grave injustice.

If they are using the same system as Warhammer, which I imagine they are, you get traits through winning or losing battles. So even if your leader is a god and kills a thousand guys, if he retreats he can still get a negative trait. It’s kind of silly but there you go.

While that does sound like an injustice, I’m happy to hear that prick getting put in his place. :p

I’ve had this quest in my log for ages and I can’t make it go away: A Thriving Settlement. The only requirement is “upgrade any settlement building”. I have done this (or I think I have done this) multiple times, yet the quest never completes. Is this just a bug or am I doing something wrong?

The main building is the castle? The thing in the lower left? I think I already did, but it might have been before the quest came in. That’s been happening with some regularity: I perform an action and next turn I get a quest to do it. -_-

In any case I’m 99% sure the quest doesn’t specify that it has to be the main building, but that’s just par for the course

Agamemnon has won a few victories and lost hare-hearted, which is good. This game is great, I can’t believe they just gave it away.

I’m enjoying my Achilles playthrough a lot, but I love Total War games and especially this time period. My main complaint is that almost every battle is a siege/settlement battle. I want to be fighting in the map!

I liked this video review

This game is hard! Agamemnon supposely has an “easy” start, but I am barely hanging on, just sloooooowly expanding from my initial holdings.

I’m excited to see that Odysseus starts from next door to AC’s Kassandra! I am already familiar with the islands to my east - I look forward to the ziplines in particular.

So in the new Troy game is there no way to upgrade units like slingers or do you have to replace them with new ones?

You are not alone. Then again, I suck at all the Total War games.

there’s no unit collision in this game, so chariots are op.

spam chariots, run them everywhere and kill all those archers.

Only played a few Total War games but have always remembered Cavalry being that way. Have them set up to the side far enough away to not trigger the enemy then sweep in with basic flanking attack and run roughshod over them.

Chariots are melee weapons?

They’re more like hit and run drivers.

if you have the archer chariots you can force melee with the alt key iirc

these chariots are much stronger than cavalry in say, total war.