Total War: Warhammer 2

I haven’t even been able to play past turn 15 or so yet, and now Mortal Empires is already coming out? Yeeeesh.

I need to retire or something. Anyone have a couple million bucks laying around that I can have?

Yeah, I could use some myself… ;)

Take it from me, being retired won’t help! I’ve been retired 10 years and my game log is bigger now than when I was working. :) So many games, so little time…

That spot waiting for Tomb Kings looks so lonely.

What’s Tomb Kings?

I finally finished a TW2 game yesterday. Previously I was just ending campaigns when I was pretty sure I was gonna win anyway. It’s really the start that messes you up.

I still can’t play Skaven effectively. I think I’ll be able to do it but the enemy cav eats my skirmishers and catapults. I ended up just fielding two armies against one, the second army just being clanscrubs to wear down and tire out the enemy. It was exhausting.

Egyptian-esque Undead faction, based in the center/bottom area (presumably).

It’s widely hoped/assumed they will be the first faction pack, and I am in that camp that hopes for such. From what I heard, their units sound really neat.

OHHH THE BLOODBOWL GUYS!!

I’m pretty sure every faction in Warhammer is “the blood bowl guys” :)

You probably know this, but thought it might be useful for someone. One of their casters has a spell that freezes enemies in place. Also you can spawn units under enemy cavalry, missile and artillery units.

If you’re talking about Skaven that spell only works on fliers.

Spawning rats is usually more effective, once the cav slams into a pack of dudes, spawn something behind them and hit them from behind. Tends to lock them down and savage their morale.

Well that’s super weird, I used it last night. Then pelted them with death globe bombardiers to beat the Grey Seers’ army.

Sure it wasn’t some item that gave Net of Amontok? It’s also possible I’m forgetting a spell or something, but the only one I can think of they have is the one that stops fliers from, I believe, Ruin.

They’re actually super interesting with lots of unique mechanics and cool looking units. I’m pretty psyched for them. They’re also, surprisingly, one of the world’s few “neutral” ish factions, where you’d expect them to be just Yet Another Bad Guy.

Skavenblight confirmed in a stream they had at Twitchcon.

Currently a neutral faction, but still it’s finally on the fucking map.

Edit: Hellpit also in. Both single settlement provinces, but they exist.

Hey, if you guys miss AI taking over some of your troops, I found someone modded it in. So it’s still in the engine, just not the UI.

There’s two:

Spectator Mode:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158993779&searchtext=

and the one I am using is AI General II
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1165729756

this one all you do is highlight whatever you want controlled and press Shift F9

Once Mortal Empires comes out, is there a reason to play WH1 (or WH2 for that matter) as a ‘standalone’ thing, or is ME basically all-encompassing? From the perspective of someone who hasn’t defeated all the campaigns, I suppose.

The Old World campaign has a Chaos invasion late game, you won’t get that. And all the awesome story stuff and rituals from the Eye of the Vortex campaign will not be in Mortal Empires.

The Old World campaign was a bit forgettable to be honest. But I really like The Eye of the Vortex, I would highly recommend playing it at least once. And I wouldn’t be surprised if a significant number of players end up preferring it to the open ended Mortal Empires campaign.

Actually, I think they said ME will also have a Chaos Invasion thing, it will just be different in how it spawns. Probably so that the Empire and Kislev don’t get wtfmurdered while everyone else forgets it’s even a thing.

I saw on the TW stream a game with like… 6+ Chaos armies out near the northern Southlands, presumably that was part of it.

As near as I can tell there isn’t a real reason to play the Old World other than not wanting to deal with the scope of a ME game.

Edit: Looked up the interview thing and Queek is " in contention for Karak Eight Peaks along with Skarsnik and Belegar." So he definitely will have some sort of bonus for K8P (and probably some negative until he takes it as well).

So what’s the thinking on this? Skavenblight’s location seems like a much more interesting location than where they’ve placed the African Skaven faction. Does it seem likely that they’ll add another Skaven Lord or two as DLC and place at least one of them out in Skavenblight?

Skavenblight will probably be Thanquol, he is basically the leader of the faction and it’s their capital. He’s almost guaranteed to get added at some point. He’s not some uber god like Nagash or anything, he’s at best the Karl Franz of the faction and needs to be there as their actual leader. I’d bet he’s even the FLC Skaven Lord which is set to come after ME does.

Queek is out in the boonies so he can try to take Karak Eight Peaks, since that’s kind of his claim to fame. It makes a 3-way battle of sorts between him, Skarsnik and Belegar like in the lore, though they haven’t said if he gets anything special from taking it (maybe not since it will probably be easier for him?).