Total War: WARHAMMER

Probably not, but it should show up on Steam for free sometime relatively soon.

I’d like to have the code for Grombrindal sigh

Yeppers me too!

So say we all.

Wood Elves out today.

Total War games suck up so much time that they’re pretty much all I can handle now. I feel like they’re creating content for them faster than I can possibly consume it.

OTOH I’m looking forward to Wood Elves. Empire is ok, dwarves are ok, but they just don’t feel like “my” sort of army. For whatever reason I just gravitate to Elfy sorts of things in these kinds of games. My favorite unit for Empire are those silly Free Company Militia; my favorite kinds of units - and really even in RPGs - are hybrid classes or ranged classes. So I’m looking forward to having a shooty army.

Downloading right now - I’m so excited!!!

Gah, I’m knee-deep in Attila. Slow down, Creative Assembly!

High five!

-Tom

Ok, so how is Leaving Earth as a multiplayer game? Would you recommend it (plus expansion) over Dawn of the Zeds?

I’m trying to figure out which one to get. Right now, complex boardgames have to be SP given my personal situation. My group will only play simpler stuff.

(BTW, Pandemic Legacy is great, and I don’t really like pandemic that much… Playing it multiplayer with my group -we don’t have an alpha player problem, suprisingly-, but I think it could do wonders as a solo experience)

I would not for two reasons: Leaving Earth is a bit clunky as a multiplayer game because of all the math, and Dawn of the Zeds is a far better solitaire game.

Also, how about those new elfs in Total Warwar Hammer? :)

-Tom

Did we just enter a warpgate and turn up in an alternate dimension? LOL

Ok I do love this Warhammer universe and setting and these battles are great. Gameplay is supurb and even I recognize that the dlc is getting better. Battles, magic. art direction etc.

So – Why did I just reload Attilla and start a wre campaign?

Nothing was more glorious than than finally overcoming the difficulty curve in that game as wre and begin to take the Roman Empire back! And I still don’t have the WRE win achievement! Even on normal it is legendary!

I love the WRE campaigns… but omg. It’s a hundred hour endeavor. To Perfect Play it you really need to fight every single battle, even if you’re destined to lose, just to inflict casualties.

Oh damn. Wrong thread. Sorry!!! This was obviously meant fkr the thread with A French title.

Or maybe I just don’t care about Elves :)

And thanks for the answer!

So…quite Elvish. Elfish.
Protip: don’t get ambushed by Beastmen. Squishy Elphes can’t handle it.

I’m having a hard time getting any kind of meaningful economy going with the elves. I like their play style, but I’m feeling like I have no idea how to play them yet :)

This is on sale this weekend on Steam for $45. Should I buy it?

That’s kind of a hard question out of context. Do you like Warhammer Fantasy as a setting? Not that it matters too much, it’s first and foremost a Total War strategy game. Do you enjoy Total War games? Do you like fantastical units? This is an excellent Warhammer game and it’s an excellent Total War game, it fires on all cylinders (including solid AI) so my vote is yes, very much, but I’d need more info from you to know for sure if you should buy it. $45 is a steal though, what comes out of the box is a lot of amazing content.

I dabbled in many of the Total War games, but only really got into the first Rome. I love the concept. If it helps, I’m loving Age of Wonders 3.

I agree with Scott that it is the best Total War game, but it probably wouldn’t make someone who isn’t crazy about TW become a big fan. For me the problem is still with a lot of repetitive battles that don’t seem that different from each other. That being said, I only tried the dwarfs and the game deserves another shot from me. I love the map, and the units are a bit cooler.

So actually a question for those with more experience. Is there a faction that is better for avoiding lots of repetitive wars that don’t seem all that different from each other?