Totally Killer - Kiernan Shipka is in a Hot Tub Time Machine to get Back to the Future for Death Day

I’ll watch it!

Your thread title is better marketing than any trailer could possibly be.

They nailed the film title.

A+, upvote, would read thread title again.

The trailer was funnier than any I’ve seen in a long time.

I only watched a bit of it, and then decided I didn’t want to get spoiled!

This looks pretty damn good. Also how the heck did Don Drapers daughter grow up so fast.

I know, right? And somehow his son turned into an Australian woman and ended up on The Expanse. ;-)

(Granted, he changed the spelling of his first name from Bobby to Bobbie.)

But seriously, that trailer looks fun. Sort of like a more macabre version of Future Man.

It’s not bad for a throwaway slasher flick, but it could be a lot better with a few more drafts of the script. It’s very much trying to do the Scream thing, but via the medium of time travel, and it doesn’t quite commit as hard as that movie did.

So I just watched this and I’m still trying to figure out how the second killer --the future tour guide, son of a famous TV journalist-- went back to 1987. Was he transported simultaneously with Jamie when trying to kill her there at the old fairgrounds/amusement park? And basically Jamie’s attempt to save the three girls in 1987 came to naught, right?

Hmm, I read the synopsis on Wikipedia which seems to imply that time machine didn’t go back to 1987 because Chris and Jamie’s friend Amelia are working to fix it in the present day. Am I remembering wrong, then, that the knife stuck in the panel traveled to 1987 as well, which would make it seem that the machine came along for the ride. If that’s the case, the friend has to make a whole new time machine in the present, which seems like a tall order.

He took Amelia’s 2nd time machine, which IIRC looked more like a sit down video game? It was a different time machine. He was watching her work on it. The photo booth one definitely went back to 1987 because she puts an Out of Order sign on it…right? Hell, I just watched this for the 2nd time this past Friday because my wife wanted to watch it, and I can’t remember for sure. Still, it was a fun ride. Wife enjoyed it, too.

Agreed. It’s a lot of fun, but dang is the potential there to be so much better. It could have been an all-time classic, but it ends up as a solidly fun movie with some really-good-to-great moments, as well as a few meh moments.

As an example, the credits “where are they now” snips are fun too, and kind of illustrate how if simmered a bit more with a bit more seasoning and a bit more meat by just leaning a bit heavier into the Back to the Future pieces based on the 80’s instead of the 50’s and tightening the seams where they’ve munged these things together and stitched it up a bit, it had the potential to be an all time classic.

Just watched this, and it was a ton of fun! I do wish it played more with the consequences and timeline changes, but still the most fun I’ve had with a movie in a bit.

I liked the male Jamie because she accidentally messed with certain aspects of the past. The novelization of Back To The Future brought up a similar idea when Marty tells Doc that George had never stood up to Biff the way he did at the dance. Doc kind of goes through a list of what might end up changing (including different sibling ages or even Marty being younger) before getting Marty ready to head back to 1985. In the movie, he just goes, “Never?” and has a quick look on his face before waiving it away to get to task.

Finally got around to watching this while working. Could summarize it as a fun ride with some pretty bad special effects and a strange bj fascination. The effects were especially bad later on. Not sure any of it really makes sense if you try to logic it out but it was entertaining.