Tour of wonderful tiny apartments

Except for the climbing stairs parts for me

Fascinating.

Really not any more cramped than my dorm in college.

That seems really spacious considering microapartments in the states. Hell, the irony is Japan has more spacious tiny apartments. But the vertical space really, really helps a ton. You don’t get lofts in microapartments, and it just gives you a sense of space.

Love this guy’s channel. This video is my favorite of his.

Yeah, the first one is way bigger than most bedsits in the UK and would give many one beds a run for their money.

Even the next two don’t seem that bad to me. Seems like a really good use of small space. Of course, I’m sure it will look a lot smaller once you move all your stuff in there. That’s when the lack of space will really make itself clear.

The last one is about the size of the room I had in a shared flat when I first moved to London. And much nicer. With a shared kitchen (and shared outdoor space), seems pretty nice for student or post-student digs.

If I were a college student or just needed a temporary, inexpensive place to live, I could totally see living there (assuming there is a “headphones only” policy as I’m guessing the walls are thin). It looks clean and I love that there’s a cafeteria.

The first one is the most impressive to me because the others just feel like dorm rooms. I also had a really small dorm room in college once that was similar to that last one. It was even smaller, since it didn’t have a bathroom, which was in a shared space. But that first one in the video is impressive because it has a little kitchen and microwave and full fridge and a washing machine and a bathroom with shower and bathtub (kinda).

That first one looked really good to me. All I need for home entertainment really at this point is a PC and a place to plug in my phone and tablet. As long as there’s enough room for a big monitor and a place to park my car, I’m all set.

I find all the tiny apartment stuff pretty fascinating. Definitely going to subscribe to this guy - thanks for posting!

My first apartment (not a dorm) out on my own in 1980 was on the second floor of a retail building on Main Ave. One room about half the size of my current small living room, so maybe 15’ x 15’, and the main feature being my own bathroom, so I guess it was technically two rooms. Also a normal size closet where I kept a set of rims for my car. A kitchenette in the corner of the main living area. A small refrigerator/freezer with an electric stove on top of it (I’ve never seen one like it since). It came furnished with a bed, a dresser, and a comfy chair. Heat was paid. Rent was $80/month.

I lived there for 5 years. Everything I owned fit in there, which amazes me now, including a full-sized stereo component system.

So thinking back to the possessions I had back then, I could have totally lived in the first one he showed. The last two would have required some compromise, but they looked totally comfortable. And the rent looked like between $500 and $630 per month. I have no idea if that’s low or high for that area, but I’m guessing it’s probably fine, especially with utilities and meals included.