Treadmill entertainment

I usually have one anime that I’m watching that I only watch while exercising. Wanting to see the next episode helps motivate me to get in the elliptical, etc. I will warm up for a few minutes, then start the show, do sprints during the opening & closing, and do a cooldown period after it ends.

There’s a good podcasts thread around here somewhere, but I’m a big fan of the McElroy Brothers for distraction while working out. I recommend The Besties (video games) and My Brother, My Brother and Me (“an advice show for the modren (sic) era”).

I used to watch Hearthstone on Twitch, but then I stopped playing Hearthstone and I also stopped doing long cardio sessions.

Audio books can be great, too. There’s an app for your phone called Libby which syncs up with your local library (in the US, at least), and most libraries support it.

Go to your library website or call them up if you need to, and you’ll have years of good books pumped into your ears as a benefit of being a taxpayer.

I have a treadmill desk right next to my regular desk and just switch back and forth when I want to exercise, usually in the morning. Two keyboards, a mouse and trackball plus macros to switch the main monitor to the treadmill desk’s TV.

This lets me work or watch entertainment easily and I can’t imagine doing it any other way. This is all at a fast walking pace though, not jogging. If I was jogging I can’t imagine trying to get any work done.

I rarely game though, most require fine mouse work which is iffy and if it’s a controller it’s probably a game where I have problems staying on the treadmill at the same time.

These(and the bike tours) are such a great idea. Almost makes me want to get a treadmill just to walk along with…

And I play hearthstone while i ride(recumbent) - for me that works very well because it’s all controlled by the mouse with simple movements.

I’ve been back and forth on whether to mention this or not, but my treadmill came with a subscription to iFit, which has videos which sync the incline and speed with the treadmill while the trainer is running is cool locations. I really like it. But I may still be having new treadmill owner syndrome. :)

It also can grab the google streetview for a route, and they have live classes which I haven’t really ever explored. I think you can get it or similar apps even if the functionality isn’t built into the machine.

dunno why you wouldn’t mention that, that sounds pretty awesome!

For me it’s been a combination of Twitch Streams (mostly Soul Calibur related, mixed in with some anime watching my Calibur friends do), and AEW Dark ( basically oldschool jobber matches with today’s wrestlers and pretty funny commentary).

I have my exercise stuff set right across from my monitorm with only my recliner in the way (my choice of gamer chair is one concession to being in gran status in my hobby)

On the weekends if network TV has some sports on I use that, but since I usually am doing stuff at 6am on the weekends, unlikely.

We just bought a Treadmill and manual says to unplug it after each use. My question is it really that unsafe of a device to leave it plugged in? I can understand from a legal point they are going to be very conservative but is it that necessary?

I could shut it off but the switch is placed inconveniently (plus I worry that might be a part that could break easily). Would an Amazon Smart Plug suffice to turn it off considering it is plugged into a surge protector? I searched on the internets and the opinions are all over the place.

That leads me to the question if I shut off a surge protector to shut off everything plugged into it does that shut off its protection?

No idea on whether it’s really safe to leave it plugged in or not, but I have a couple of devices that say you should unplug them when not in use, and I use the Alexa smart plugs for those. They literally cut power to the device, so it should be equivalent to unplugging.

As for the surge protector, it still protects the devices when it’s turned off. The surge protection is through a metal oxide varistor, which absorbs any transient power spikes. It’s 1920’s technology, so doesn’t require power/circuitry/etc to work.

I’m guessing it’s recommended in order to absolutely make sure children and toddlers are not hurt playing around with or near them.

Treadmill Entertainment could be a game company name. Just sayin’.

Would a company with that name mean the company is never really going anywhere? ; )

Clearly, it would be an MMO company!

Treadmill Entertainment I think would be the best for a Tower Defense series!

LOLOL that’s good!