Tribes Ascend video

The only thing I want for this game?

For Hi-Rez to utterly IGNORE the entitled shitbags at TribalWar.com.

For me, the original Tribes was the most fun I’ve ever had in online gaming, by a huge margin. The never ending skill curve in that game for movement and predictive shooting was just fantastic. No matter how good you were, you could always get a little bit better.

If they manage to capture the feel of the physics from the first Tribes, I’d pay quite a bit of money to play this. Looking at the video, it seems to me like very much the same feel/speed etc, very exciting.

As someone who played in a few international matches, in a pretty well rated clan, this has me drooling.

Do any old Tribes player remember natural?

Here’s some footage of Natty, actually against my old clan. This guy was just crazy good and trying to stop him was just about impossible.

Natural was such a stud.

That’s against my current clan. As an example of the bonds formed by Tribes, TF is alive and well a dozen years after that match.

Heh. On a whim I decided to go check out the September beta details (and make sure I actually signed up). Unable to remember my hirezstudios.com login info, I initiated their forgot account/password feature and instead of receiving a password reset email notification/confirmation, I immediately received an email about the beta instead. Guess it was a coincidence, or maybe by accessing the site I confirmed my continued interest.

Dunno if I was actually accepted into the beta or not but it’s good to know that something may be ramping up.

The closed beta goes live next week (November 4th). I managed to score a key from a PC Gamer contest, but it looks like anyone can get it for “pre-ordering” the game. For a free to play game, that means buying some in-game currency up front.

Anyone else going to be playing?

Of course, after I click “yes” on this NDA, I can’t talk about it anymore… Just curious if anyone is getting in.

It was my favorite game at PAX right alongside Firefall, so I’m considering buying that VIP pack. I want some more idea of how valuable that stuff in the VIP back is though.

Tribes is my favorite multiplayer game ever made, so I’ll probably get in on the VIP pack too. It’s unfortunate that it’s not a standalone game open to modding since the mods/maps really gave T1 and 2 legs, but fuck it, it’s a game that’s finally loyal to Tribes.

Also I’ve got an extra $40 games budget rolling around since SOTS2 turned out to suck. Why not preorder this?

I’ll wait and see before committing to a VIP Pack or purchasing points/in-game currency but I’m still very much interested in this. I suspect my reflexes will doom me, though. I was an average Tribes player 12 (!) years ago.

I decided to drop the $30 on this, pre-loading now.

I wish I had some context for what that 3000 gold can be used to spend on.

There’s a sneak preview tonight for the next hour, and the real beta tomorrow. Very excited!

Wow that’s amazing ;) Who is still around, baxter, groover??? I haven’t talked to anyone from TF for years and years.

Best game ever, very excited by this.

I just tried preordering this, it took me to paypal, and then after logging in to paypal, it looped back to an account page on the Hi-Rez website. It would appear that it didn’t work, but I don’t want to try it again and end up double charged.

A lot of sites only want to link Paypal to their accounting system initially, and don’t make the purchase.

It appears that I have 2 friend beta keys I can give out. First 2 responses or PMs get them. (500 QT3 post count minimum)

Oh me me me me me!

Me please please please! I loved the game so much at PAX.

Both keys gone!