Tron: Identity, from Studio behind Thomas Was Alone, John Wick Hex

Not much of a teaser there.

But hey, lots of info up on the Steam page:

FEATURES

• A new extension of the TRON franchise - Unlock a never-before-seen server filled with new, original programs to join forces with or oppose.

• Beautiful, hand-crafted character art - Watch the story come to life through detailed, uniquely designed characters.

• Rich world-building and storytelling - In a brand-new Grid with its own nuanced structure, there is much to discover about the programs and places around you.

• Reveal memories - The truth of the case is hidden in the Identity Discs of those around you. Defrag their Discs to navigate the complex path to a solution in these unique puzzles.

• One mystery, many endings - Your choices will determine the outcome you see, with a protagonist that lets you take the reins and doesn’t corner you into one approach.

• Developed by the award-winning team behind Thomas Was Alone and Subsurface Circular - Brought to you by a team steeped in sci-fi stories, we are incredibly excited to share this game with you.

Just like I loved all games by Monolith, I ended up really loving Tron 2.0. That’s a hard bar to live up to, but this sounds like a very different type of game, so I guess there won’t really be many comparisons.

Same - man I miss the old Monolith games. Hope this is even half as good as Tron 2.0!

The Tron universe is a blank slate, I’m interested to see what they can do with it.

I played this last week, and unfortunately, did not care for it. I went in knowing it would be short, having no deep love for the Tron universe but having enjoyed the two movies, and liking all of Bithell’s previous games.

It was just too short, featured solitaire minigames I didn’t enjoy, and contained characters and a world that I couldn’t identify with. I don’t want to equate playtime with value, but $15 is a lot to ask for two hours of visual novel that wasn’t engaging.