Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

So apparently one of the expert political thinkers encouraging Trump to fire Comey was … wait for it … Jared Kushner.

Maybe Jared ought to back away from this one and concentrate his attention on bringing peace to the middle east and curing cancer.

I’d been wondering why his advisors hadn’t stopped Trump. Now it seems like his most ascendant advisor is the one responsible for the firing. Which just goes to show that political neophytes, especially those with no training in the law, shouldn’t be top tier advisors to the POTUS. So now I just don’t understand how Priebus failed to stop this. He’s supposed to be the one who gets the “system”.

It would be so very right if Trump’s nepotism leads to the whole house of cards tumbling down.

Priebus is not only an incompetent figurehead who took this job because he couldn’t get any other, he’s also on the outs and is on the verge of being fired, so I’m not very surprised. He is admittedly the most capable and politically experienced staff person there, but that’s not saying very much.

I’ve worked for people with low to mid-range narcissism like Trump exhibits and there’s one universal truth: there’s no stopping them. They consider themselves the expert in everything, and you are just there to reinforce their opinions or you’re out.

Nobody has the power to “stop” Trump from doing anything he wants to do.

This. You’ll get frozen out of the conversations if you push back. In a way, it’s kind of like the Dems waiting on using the filibuster; you have one (rubber) bullet in your gun before your input is meaningless. Deciding if and when to use it becomes a constant concern.

As far as I can tell, the only power Priebus has is occasionally getting the ear of the president. And increasingly, not even that. Because this White House isn’t an ordinary White House with an ordinary chain of command, the chief of staff position doesn’t really mean much.

Here we go

Calls for impeachment don’t count if they come from Defeatocrat liebrals.

This will at least force the republicans to officially say “No” to this. Hopefully great 2018 spot material.

How does he not say something like “Let’s stay together… and vote for impeachment”?

I had to Google him to find out if he was a Democrat or a Republican. I saw “Texas” and for a brief flash I’d hoped…

Or perhaps “I can’t get next to you…being president anymore”

“Take me to the river … and throw Trump in.”

As have I. You are spot on. Trump will ride whatever train he wants, right over the chasm if he wants.

EDIT: His penchant for tweeting firmly backs up your point. He does whatever the hell he wants to do, including saying stupid shit.

It’s live right now on TV. Go Democrats!

It was all just a joke! Whew, that’s a relief.
“Hey guys, clear the room I need to tell the FBI director a joke.”:

…and “reinventing government” and establishing universal justice and harmony, and… ;-)

They look even more serious when you then go on to fire the FBI director because, by your own admission, he won’t suppress the Russia investigation.

WaPo: “Trump’s inexperience contributed to Comey interactions that now cloud his presidency”

I thought dryly understated headlines was the NY Times’s gag.