Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

Benjamin Wittes is a serious policy analysis guy who isn’t usually given to flights of fancy. Apparently he’s heard something, and something new is coming down the pike.

And if you’re not reading Lawfare, you probably should.

Could be related to the plan involving the Marshalls to gather evidence from a bunch of sites.

So Trump is back to saying he fired Comey on Rosenstein’s recommendation.

I think there are rules about “no backsies” that have taken effect. What trump has tweeted can not be untweeted.

We need to get cellphone tower records entered into evidence so we can determine precisely which tweets emanated from the Mar-a-lago locker room.

Trump has a plan to get back at those dastardly Obama plants.

Sounds like desperate blame deflecting tactic. May work has the public and the press are notorious easy to distract. But the damage is to big, and nobody can make Trump shut the fuck up. They are already in the quicksands…

It may have worked during the election but it can’t keep working, no matter how many times Trump refers to the election.

If this guy is a dad then I bet he gives the worst surprise gifts ever. I’m done with Twitter. Too many crack heads stating, especially those claiming to have IC contacts, that any day now the hammer is going to come down on the Trump presidency.

Haha, that’s one of the less ‘boom’-worthy headlines I’ve seen.

No kidding. Boom… Rimshot.

I’m really hoping there’s some money laundering stuff in there that will stick. Criminal charges beyond just the impeachable stuff. He’ll be pardoned but I hope his company is left in ruins.

In any other presidency it would be a bombshell.

This is a good example of how far our standards of newsworthiness have fallen in less than a year. Can you imagine if there had been a story about Obama improperly contacting the FBI Director?

Well, can’t the special prosecutor subpoena Trumps taxes?

More background here:

What other possible purpose could it serve?

Don’t worry guys, our Favorite White Supremacist Stephen Miller is on top of things:

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/865397142747136000

You and your administration is just that much more crooked than them, Crooked Donald! And all in just a few months! You should be proud!