Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

While on drugs.

Or at least drunk.

After watching that, I’m impressed at how well Depp nailed his mannerisms and speaking cadence.

Yeah, he really did get it down perfectly.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials say

[quote]
Investigators have also been looking for any evidence of possible financial crimes among Trump associates, officials said.[/quote]

Let me laugh even harder.

By the way, this Wired article is a pretty darned good profile of the people Mueller has assembled to dig into Trump and his people.

That Washington Post article is crazy. This is a pretty big development.

So now Trump fires him? :) Since the ambiguity thing didn’t work.

If they are digging into financial crimes of Trump, he is so turbo fucked. His financials are like Jeffrey Dahmer’s fridge.

And also, this will be awesome, because it means he is going to have to give sworn testimony, and he won’t be able to use executive privilege to dodge it since he’ll be the object of the investigation.

So someone started investigating obstruction before Mueller took it over (between Comey’s firing and then from reading the article)?

Thanks for the good laugh. I needed one today.

I think Josh Marshall’s characterization of this development is pretty spot-on. Basically you’ve got Mueller and a bunch of no-nonsense, hardcore prosecutors and investigators jumping into an administration full of folks who have operated forever under Trump where regulations were more like loose guidelines to occasionally pay attention to.

Marshall’s phrase: “Target-rich environment.”

Sure sounds that way, right? Did McCabe step up on this?

FYI, Mueller briefed Mark Warner and Richard Burr earlier today.

Serious question; is there any way it could remotely be illegal for someone to leak Trump is under investigation? I mean, I’m sure it could get someone fired, but that’s different than illegal. Then again, IANAL.

Depends on the information leaked, and the person leaking it.

One thing for certain: The Washington Post is not the Intercept.

The Washington Post: the hero we need
The New York Times: the hero we deserve

And yes, I mean that as an insult to the Times

Hmmm…one wonders how he knows or why he assumes the FBI leaked the info. It could have easily been Coats/Rogers/Ledgett.