Trump/Russia 2016 election investigation (continued, now with Ukraine!)

Pretty sure Rosenstein had to approve every one of Mueller’s indictments.

Manafort gets six years, with a portion to run consecutively, not concurrently, with his earlier 47 months.

Once again, rich folks get different rules.

Because part of the second conviction overlaps with the original one (tax fraud I believe) he cannot be given additional time for that (at least that’s what I understood from a passing comment made by someone covering the hearing.)

The vengeful side of me is currently wishing additional indictments would be unsealed/dropped on him today.

Well, look at it this way. The dude is 69. He’s spending the next 10 years in Federal prison. When he gets out, he’s almost 80.

Those 70s were probably going to be his last good decade.

Seven and a half years, not 10. Hope the fucker dies in prison.

Oops! Not so fast Manafort!

Dude, you blew your wish.

Gah, it was my one chance to make Borderlands 3 a Wii Exclusive.

L’ing O L.

Bite your tongue!!

(I mean, I know it’s unlikely that they’ll catch lightning in a bottle a third time, but one can hope.)

Living a blameless life usually pays off.

Hey guys, I’m starting to think the system is rigged.

Poor guy, turns out sometimes crime doesn’t pay I guess. Most of the time it probably does if you’re rich but it’s good to see an asshole getting their just due every once in a while.

I don’t know, he got 69 years of wealth out of it. That’s a better run than most people.

This is essentially a life sentence. Maybe his lawyers and Fox News view all this as a victory, and maybe Judge Ellis was taking a swing at Mueller. Maybe Trump feels vindicated.

Manafort can’t. He turns 70 in two weeks. His wealth has been seized. His children hate him. He faces yet more charges from NY. He has nothing but time to think over all this. I doubt he’s doing a victory dance in his cell. No… he’s sitting on his cot, thinking about how every day for the rest of his life is likely to be the exact same.