Trump/Russia 2016 election investigation (continued, now with Ukraine!)

Good thing we know there’s no evidence of shenanigans between the Trump Campaign and Russia.

Yep, Glenn Greenwald said so!

“Won’t somebody find crooked Hillary’s emails” is a time-honored means of getting evil done while pretending not to have caused it.

“Will no one rid me of this turbulent email server?”

Hillary’s destroyed bleachbitted emails have never been released. They were the subject of a congressional subpoena, at the time they were under FBI investigation. If anyone had ever found them, they would be assisting law enforcement. However if anyone ever hacked and obtained them, they never told anyone.

The DNC and Podesta emails are completely different things. Trump never asked anyone for them. But you like to conflate the two, because you can’t accept reality.

Were they destroyed or were they bleach bitted? Hmmmm? Here in this one off the cuff and humorous internet comment I have found evidence that a poster is not speaking as I clearly would like, thus conclusively disproving conservatism.

Also, but her emails.

Also, we can hear you grow turgid at just the thought of them.

Also, the trump campaign’s continued use of their own email servers for government business, which you are apparently fine with:

People in the Trump admin have been using a motherfucking AOL account to conduct official business.

Once again proving how willing the media are to simply lap up the GOP issue framing.

Notice the date. It never stopped. CNN of course awarded him for his tireless attention to the defining issue of our time.

And now, for something completely different. A man with three buttocks!
No, not really, just some humour*.
# BillBarrLetters

What’s funny is when some people don’t grasp — or don’t acknowledge — that subpoenas for things include only those things and nothing else. A subpoena to deliver or preserve documents will clearly describe the kind of documents being sought, and the subpoena does not include any other documents. One has no obligation to preserve documents not included in the subpoena and/or unrelated to the matter, and it is not a crime to destroy such documents any more than it is a crime to throw out last week’s milk.

As someone who has been subject to a federal demand for electronic documents, I can tell you with certainly that it was left up to me — and our attorney — to decide which documents we had that were relevant to the demand, and which were not. This is always the case, unless what you’ve been handed is a search warrant.

When someone like Lindsey Graham, or Trump himself gets this wrong, it is because they are deliberately getting it wrong. They are lying for material gain. When their followers get it wrong, it is probably because they are stupid. That’s the charitable view.

300 PAGES OF TOTAL EXONERATION

300 pages of “NO COLLUSION!” written over and over?

Ken Starr managed 445 over less. Mueller probably didn’t even double space, like a sucker.

More than 300 pages = somewhere between 301 and, oh, 24,000 pages long.

I think it’s easy to do a 4-page summary of the executive summary section of a long report. I imagine the full report has a lot of data to back up the findings.

That said, Congress should get to read the whole thing. The report should be public.

The report will never be public. The media dutifully did their job and made the results clear for everyone. There’s no need anymore.

Everyone will have forgotten there even is a report in two weeks or after five more Trump-mergencies, whichever comes first.

I think that it’s clear that the report could not be made public in its entirety, as it likely contains stuff which isn’t fit for public release.

But CONGRESS should be able to see the report in its entirety. They have a Constitutional duty to provide oversight, which requires access to that information.

It’s not acceptable for the executive branch to police itself.

The Democrat field is already too crowded, but I’m actually disappointed Adam Schiff hasn’t entered. I like this guy.