Trump sent American servicemen to their deaths already

Oh. My. God.

[quote]
But Defence Secretary, General James “Mad Dog” Mattis, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Joseph Dunford, reportedly convinced Mr Trump to go ahead with the raid by suggesting Mr Obama would never have been so bold as to actually go through with it.[/quote]

Yeah, when did Obama ever authorize a high-risk high-reward Navy SEAL raid?

CHECK MATE LIBCUCKS

He only took out Bin Laden because he had founded Al Qaeda’s successor, ISIS.

I thought Mattis was supposed to be the level headed barrier to Trump wielding the US military carelessly…

YEMEN!!
Also, fuck you Discourse for questioning whether or not I’ve written a complete sentence you fucking elitist piece of software.

It wouldn’t bother me as much if the prompt gave you an option to go forward with your post. It’s obnoxious.

I wonder what the timeline was here? There are three interlocked events.

1. Mattis and pals goad Trump into approving the raid. (on or before January 28th?)
  2. The reorganization of the National Security Council was announced on the 28th. This is where the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Joseph Dunford, one of the guys who neener-neener-neenered at Trump, was booted off the Principals Committee, to speak only when spoken to.
  3. The raid happens and fails, unless the goal was to kill civilians, a few of their guys and one of our guys. (Wiki says it was dawn on the 29th in Yemen, but Yemen is 8 hours ahead of Washington, so it was still around 10:30 pm on the 28th in the US.)

Did the outcome of the raid directly and petulantly lead to the reorganization of the NSC and the further glorification of Bannon? Or was that in the works anyway? Was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs demoted before the raid occurred, and how likely is it that it might have affected its operational success? How likely is it that Trump signs presidential memos at 11 at night?

Yeman says Nope to the US.

WASHINGTON — Angry at the civilian casualties incurred last month in the first commando raid authorized by President Trump, Yemen has withdrawn permission for the United States to run Special Operations ground missions against suspected terrorist groups in the country, according to American officials.

I see McCain is saying the operation was a failure.

Yeah, and then Spicer said that anyone who called the mission a failure was disrespecting the memory of the SEAL that was killed. See, you can’t call any operation in which an American soldier dies a failure because that’s disrespectful! And any mission where an American soldier doesn’t die is not a failure! Trump has eliminated the entire concept of failure!

Not so fast, says McCain:

[quote]“Many years ago when I was imprisoned in North Vietnam, there was an attempt to rescue the POWs,” McCain began, mentioning details of his biography that everyone knows but McCain included for emphasis.

He continued: “Unfortunately, the prison had been evacuated. But the brave men who took on that mission and risked their lives in an effort to rescue us prisoners of war were genuine American heroes. Because the mission failed did not in any way diminish their courage and willingness to help their fellow Americans who were held captive. Mr. Spicer should know that story.”[/quote]

When donald trump was in vietnam, he d… well, he didn’t go, because he got 5 deferments, some for non-existent medical conditions.

But if he DID go, you can be sure he wouldn’t have let himself get caught.

And we would have WON!

It was for that silver spoon wedged in his ass.

Photo op dude. To get the military in his corner to back the stupid crap he wants to do. It’s all PR in his head, nothing more nothing less.