Trump supporters storm the Capitol Building

Domestic terrorists who will walk free and try to terrorize/kill again. Let’s be clear who we’re talking about here.

If we’re going to talk about wishes, I wish the Republican party hadn’t turned in to what it is today. I wish Trump had never been elected president. I wish these people hadn’t been radicalized. But since none of those wishes came true, I wish they’d been treated like exactly what they are by the police: terrorists. I wish we didn’t have to worry about them all being pardoned and walking away scott-free to terrorize others, next time possibly more successfully.

Michigan was foiled, DC was much bigger and much more successful, though certainly they didn’t achieve all their goals. Why would they stop now, when there are no repercussions for continuing?

DJT apparently getting worried about prison.

I think challenge for the rest of us is… I’m having a hard time believing they even put up a front. You can’t really fallback from position you didn’t really intend to hold.

They’re so busy trying to tell everyone they were prepared, that in doing so we just don’t believe them. I mean sticking three guys at a barricade that wouldn’t hold 100 high school girls… what are we to believe? We know they have better because we literally saw them erect actual defenses last year in that same city.

Let the pants shitting commence continue.

He looks like a hostage making a proof of life video message.

Old Man Greenfield has descended from his cave of anger to bitch slap a fool.

Somebody’s trying to cover their ass.

I suspect Pence and some of the Cabinet members sat him down and said “You’re gonna make this fuckin’ speech - just the way we wrote it - or we’re gonna Article 25 your ass.”

Wonder who talked DJT into this ‘concession’…probably some combo of Crooked Jared and Vanky. Watch him say the exact opposite tomorrow.

Still kickin’ and still being an ass.

Wrt the latter part, it’s also quite possible that once things broke down, many officers simply decided to keep their heads down because they knew the whole situation was FUBAR. Either way, there’s no question that the brunt of the blame here falls on the leadership - while there were no doubt some officers who sympathized with the mobsters, I would be surprised if there were any significant number actually “collaborating” with them.

The leadership level needs some serious questioning, though. The apparent extent of the breakdown involved here is almost beyond belief.

I say this knowing how ironic it is and how stupid it sounds, but this video is when Donald Trump truly became President of the USA.

It’s a good video. You should watch it. If he had used this language and this tone for four years he’d have been re-elected.

Wonder who wrote it. Guessing it wasn’t Stephen Miller this time.

If we’re going to be clear, don’t quote me out of context.

I wrote “Trump supporters…tend to be braggarts”.

Well, since you’re not answering my question, I guess I’ve got my answer. I’m sorry to hear that, but at least thanks for not using my forum to advocate it.

Well, it’s too early to declare there will be “no repercussions”. Also inaccurate. But my premise isn’t that they’ll stop. My premise is that hopefully the checks on people doing illegal things will continue hold. I don’t think political assassinations are inevitable, as you seem to suggest, so I therefore don’t think the police should have killed more people yesterday.

-Tom

A good video? He lied about the National Guard within the first 30 seconds.

I mean yes to all of that. I have no idea what anyone was thinking. It’s an absolute joke and disgrace. It’ll go down in history as such.

I haven’t seen reports on what the briefing for these cops was. What they were told to expect. What their orders were. How those orders changed over time. Hopefully heads will roll, but most of those heads should be at leadership levels for failing to coordinate an appropriate plan, and then failing to properly respond when it was clear things were going to shit.

The more damning thing to me is why they didn’t make arrests instead of doing this orderly clearing of the building.

It was just failure upon failure. But I think I can rationalize the situation at the fences for the cops on scene.

Can I just scream?!