Twisted Metal - Anthony Mackie and Peacock

I’m not sure I’d classify it as “shockingly” good in my opinion, but they definitely stuck the landing with the last three or so episodes. It was mostly dumb, but there were a few bright spots.

Yeah, this well structured, but pretty cheeseball overall. I did finish it, and some of the jokes actually landed. I can’t complain too much, because what did I expect? I’ll probably check out a 2nd season if it happens.

That’s about where I landed. Big and dumb that knows it’s big and dumb and leans into the camp - but not too hard. A very solid “brain off” show. They set up season 2 pretty explicitly at the end and I hope they have the chance to make it.

It’s finally arrived in the UK on Paramount+.

There is lots of take-your-brain-out fun. I’m about half through. It’s a very easy watch. Mackie and Beatriz are good and hopefully Season 2 doesn’t take the same time.

For some reason I thought I read that this was cancelled, but it turns out it was renewed for season 2 back in early December. That probably means a 2025 premier.

I think it was cancelled, then surprise-announced that it would be back at the game awards.