Twitch Prime - It's what it sounds like

New free games for October:

Darksiders Warmastered Edition (WIN)
Sanitarium (WIN)
SOMA (WIN)
System Shock: Enhanced Edition (WIN)

SOMA was fantastic, and with the new story mode you don’t need to stress about being chased by monsters all the time. I actually played it with a hack that did the same thing back in the day. Strongly recommend.

Yes - SOMA is seriously great, even if you’re allergic to walking simulators.

Dang it, I just bought the Darksiders collection at 95% off. I could’ve saved a dollar!

Twitch games now showing up for January are:

Hyper Light Drifter (WIN)
Orwell (WIN)
République (WIN)
Bomber Crew (WIN)

Today is the last day to claim December’s games:

SNK Bundle (WIN)
Hacknet: Complete Edition (WIN)
Smoke & Sacrifice (WIN)
Poi (WIN)

.https://www.twitch.tv/prime

Nice, I’ve come close to purchasing Bomber crew in the past.

Hyper Light Drifter looks pretty cool too.

I know - I’m glad I waffled an extra 5 minutes on buying it during today’s VIP flash sale at GMG! I just booted up Bomber Crew and it plays on the potato computer here at 720p - and it has all the DLC!

If you have Amazon Prime you have Twitch Prime and can give him your free-for-you paid-for-him subscription to Tom with a couple clicks.

Something easy to do for the New Year.

Announced today at EU Fanfest, the base game of Final Fantasy XIV + 30 day subscription is coming to Twitch Prime Feb 4 - May 3.

Eww.

Not interested. :)

I only ever played FF VII , so is this twice as good?

Yes!

Sort of like how Master of Orion 3 is three times better than MOO 1.

Seems like I’m suddenly seeing a lot more ads and more frequently. Where before I would usually see one 15 second ad, now I’m often seeing two together, and then annoyingly they sometimes freeze in the middle, and since you have to complete viewing rhyme even if you switch streamers, then you’re stuck and have to kill the window. Getting really tiresome.

I didn’t like 7 so calling this one twice as good would be selling it short :) It’s a theme park MMO with all the pros and cons that comes with and a lot of the content has references to past Final Fantasy games, but you wouldn’t be missing out if you hadn’t played them. There was some discussion recently here:

Oh, cool…always wanted to try that FF MMO. It’s supposed to be pretty good.

Just be warned that the base game content is uneven and there is a huge amount of it to get through before you get to expansion content, which most people cite as where things really take off. I spent months with the game (playing intermittently, to be sure) and managed to beat the main story of the base game and get through, I dunno, maybe 20 of 100-odd quests from the updates before you actually get to the first expansion before I just couldn’t keep going. I’m not saying there’s nothing in that content that’s good, but it definitely loves to waste your time just as much as it likes the interesting dramatic moments and such.

Wow, that’s impressive timing to do something like this with the current state of WoW. I imagine there is a large number of folks that will be thrilled to get a chance to demo FFXIV this way. I’m sorely tempted myself, but don’t really want to get back into a subscription at all.

Twitch Prime March games:
Star Vikings Forever
The King’s Bird
Kabounce
Snake Pass

Real garbage this month, but hey, gamecount++ is all that matters.

I think the real reason for 90% of people with this sub is that it comes with Amazon Prime subscription. So… they are free games.