Two Worlds II: We know the first game was terrible

The game can be bought at digital game shop:
http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Two-Worlds-2-2234-25.html

for 25 pounds.

Is it worth it? Thinking about buying.

Only if you’ve already played through Risen and Divinity 2 and are totally craving something in a similar vein. I had fun with it for awhile, but I definitely enjoyed Divinity 2 and especially Risen more.

Yeah it’s a great game, i’m enjoying it as much as Risen and Divinity II as well.

I’d rather play the console port of Risen than attempt to play this monstrosity again.

Two worlds II??

Its pretty damn good, no technical issues for me, and the game was extremely fun and good looking as well.

Lots to like in TW2 - I personally think 25 GBP is a reasonable price. Inevitably it’ll be cheaper soon.

Edit: Remember the PC version is tweakable. FOV, blur, headbob and horse-riding model are all an ini file away…

I already finished Risen and Divinity 2 DKS, and Witcher + Deus Ex are still months away…
and its 4 yay and 1 nay.
What didn’t you like about it so much that you would call it monstrosity, Adree?

The introductory sequence is admittedly fairly rough. I found myself chuckling a bit because it was so… B movie, I suppose you could say. Other than that I really liked the game. If you go in with moderate expectations I think you’ll really dig it after Demo Island.

I’m looking forward to TW3 myself, something I couldn’t imagine saying a few months ago.

Yeah I read that beginning is pretty bad, but that does not bother me at all…I mean, people diss beginning of The Witcher and yet I liked it, same with many other games.
And if the game improves and opens…well I guess I will get it.

Btw anyone tried the multiplayer here?

Terrible controls, terrible voice acting, terrible bloom, finding out on the forums that the game was essentially gutted. I guess I’d rather play it than Arcania but it should be the last action rpg you play after exhausting all other options.

My only impression on the MP was - how the heck is this supposed to work? I managed to get myself into some kind of quest-combat-scenario, but didn’t have a party and wasn’t that interested. So I can say it runs, but no more :)

I thought the controls were fine (archery was a bit of a struggle), bloom and blur are mod-offable, and VO was ok by me. I believe they patched out some of the annoying vendor chat. I’m not surprised if there were supposed to be more ‘chapters’, but what there is is a lot of fun IMO.

Ok, controls are a non-issue for me, I have both keyboard + mouse and x360pad and high degree of adaptability (I finished Gothic 1 twice…) so I will just redefine it if necessary and use whatever will be more comfortable, voice acting is a nonissue for me as well, since I am not native english speaker and thus much more tolerant to bad VO, and bloom? heh.

About the gutted, well I read that one big part of some island is reserved for MP, but I don’t mind, as long as the SP part contains enough fun quests and exploration.
Which it does, right?

The only problem I had with the intro island was how cutscene-heavy it was. You play for a minute or two, then 2-3 minutes of cutscenes; it’s almost Metal Gear Solid-esque. On the plus side, though, it has a sarcastically clapping Orc.

Maybe I’m inured to bad VA, but I didn’t really find it all that objectionable in this game. Worlds better than the first one, and IMO near the top of the list among Euro RPGs.

And yes, there are plenty of quests, both on and off the main path. Also plenty of world to explore, both above and below ground.

It contains plenty, yes, but the later sections don’t have the openess the earlier ones and the main plot’s pacing is a bit off. It’s not particularly clear why you’re doing what you’re doing in the grand scheme of things and there is zero urgency. Other than that, I think its flaws are no greater than any other rpg. I’d say it succeded at what it tried to do a bit better than Risen but not quite as well as the DKS. Perhaps :)

Intro island is actually quite a lot bigger than the intro has you explore. There are several quests there and a number of combat locations. It’s actually too tough for a beginning character/player off the beaten path I think.

yeah, I went back around lvl 14 and beat the crap out of those pesky …I wont spoil it, but thingies that absolutely destroyed me the first time I was there.

Also - the game is ok lengthy, so I don’t know about gutted? I played for about 26 hours I think which is pretty nice.

Some people did go off into rage though, when they discovered a large part of the SP map was actually the MP map, but hey, its still a big adventure so who cares.

Ok I tried to buy it on game.gamesplanet, but always received “Payment Refused, contact our customer service” message. This never happens anywhere else.
So I went to gamersgate and bought it there for 30 pounds instead - more expensive, but at least it works. Downloading now at full speed. They have latest patch there 1.2, I assume that is the latest one?

edit - never mind, I see the game has integrated updater and 1.2 is indeed latest.

I just started playing this and will gladly accept any good spell combos people have come up with. I’m playing a battlemage type of character. Blast-buff-melee, etc.

I think this might be the best looking RPG so far…just so beautiful.

It plays really well on x360pad too, combat is fun, exploration awesome, I love the feature of breaking down things to parts, spellmaking seems interesting. I am still on beginning island, played today for three or so hours and absolutely love it so far.
This will keep me very well entertained until Witcher 2 comes.

Wow. I may have to give this a rent.

Funny Zero Punctuation review

Game was fun, but he nails the flaws as usual. His review of the magic system had me laughing.