Two Worlds II: We know the first game was terrible

Maybe she is not your sister anymore! :P

What kind of hardware are you guys running this on? I’m trying to figure out if my macbook pro can handle it.

They retconned it so that you are not blood-related.

Do you play the same fuck-ugly character as the first game? I remember the facegen allowing you to make small variations on a single “wasp licking piss off a thistle” face.

While zoomed in (with X) right click on the multi-targets, then let fly with left click.

Keep the impressions coming folks!

I’m so close to pulling the trigger. It would be nice to have something to play while I wait for Black Ops to get patched.

One of the few times as a gamer where I was embarrased waiting at the checkout of a local retailer here holding this (huge box being the Royal Edition).

The Royal Edition of Two Worlds II fucking rocks though.
It’s massive and weights a lot (it contains a 25 cm figurine).
Was a real steal for 52 EUR!

Nooo! Fearless leader!

I’m probably getting this too. I’m reading too many great stuff about it to ingore.

heh - not to worry - Blueberry muffins I’ll keep on making ;-)

Tried the game for an hour last night - it was pretty nice actually and very gorgeous…seems like a great game

Bah I ordered it too. As I am Oldshool i want a disc so will be a few days. Still, not even finished NV and the next one is already there. Geez who shall play this all! I Fear my Dwarven rocknroll career will have to wait a little.

Noooooo!! DO not fall into the dark side!! we need you! Quit your job perhaps ?

How are the character creation options?

Mostly non-existant, if you mean at startup - height, shoulders, torso and hair color is pretty much it.

In-game though, it seems pretty extensive, with loads of options for any rpg playstyle (Mage, archer, warrior, assassin and so forth)

I’m rather surprised to hear all the positive buzz about this. I may have to cave if they really did take all the “suck” out of this franchise.

Moar impressions!

I have clocked six hour of singleplayer and four hour of multiplayer now, and have a pretty good grasp of this game.

Imagine in an alternative reality, you, being the alternative you, have never known the existence of a game called Oblivion. And one day, because of pure luck, you have stumbled upon it. As you are playing through, layer after layer of awesomeness just keeps sprouting from it. Now imagine that again, except this time the game is Gothic 2. Then one more time with Diablo 2. Now hold onto these feelings, combine them into this singular pure awesomesauce and taste it. Yup, this is how I felt when I was playing this game.

I’m disappointed you can’t create a female character. Story be damned, at least when it constrains character creation options. And while the story may be better than TW1 it’s still not Shakespeare…

I’ll still get it, though, and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it – I even enjoyed the first one (and yeah, you could only play a male in that one as well).

What is multiplayer like? There is co-op through the story and then a separate multiplayer mode, right?

It is a separate campaign with 10 missions. They are very linear and actions condensed, probably best compared to WoW’s dungeons. They are fun, but do not expect a co-op open-world. At least base on the 2 missions I have finished.

There are also PvP modes and a mysterious Village mode which I have not tried yet.

I hope the co-op isn’t completely gone. That’s the part of the game (even on the 360) that I liked.

What? No coop campaign? Who’s bright idea was that?