UFOs are scouting our nuclear weapons stockpile

There’s footage from 2015 that is pretty crazy. The object is hauling at incredible speed and then rotates around. It doesn’t bank; it rotates.

So the interesting / scary / strange thing about these objects are - if they are actually UFOs and not unnamed miltech, are all the weird implications if these actually are UFOs, I mean genuinely UFOs as in extraterrestrial.

There are three possibilities as I see it.

1. It’s some kind of weird natural phenomenon. This is the “safe” explanation, but at the same time it doesn’t feel right. The common theory is “ball lightning”, but this doesn’t even come close to resembling anything we’ve seen in the natural world, not just by scientists but by millions of pilots and airline passengers. And why, for example, does it sometimes sit around, but as soon as we get close, it gets the hell out of dodge?

2. It’s man-made. Someone, somewhere out there is so fucking far ahead of everyone else it’s not even funny. The aerospace industry is still dreaming about hypersonic flight and yet there’s something that not only goes 0-5,000 in a heartbeat, but it also hovers and climbs/descends thousands of feet in seconds. It’s so far ahead it’d be like showing up in World War I with an F-22.

But that kind of technological leap without anyone knowing about it is also incredibly hard to understand, especially with the way scientific knowledge works. Each advance is built on an earlier advance, almost always made by someone else. Our stealth technology was built on a formula made by a Russian mathematician who had no idea what he had done. But there’s a far cry from making an aircraft less observable to radar than to creating something like these craft.

Unless you’re using technology not developed by man.

1. It’s alien technology. Either aliens are visiting us, or someone (the US government) has alien technology and is fielding it. Either way, it’s such a staggering implication it would reshape the world.

Worth noting that the Keep Hypothesis doesn’t really fit that scheme! It’s some kind of mixture between 1 and 3.

Am I serious about this? I’m not sure!

Actually let’s just assume that what we saw is extraterrestrial.

Now walk through what we just learned about it and what we can infer - there’s a lot of interesting material there!

Seems to me the most likely explanation is a bunch of navy officers got drunk at one of their conferences and decided to make it all up. I mean, where’s the air force and civil and non-US evidence?

Haven’t there been other recordings of other objects over the last couple of years by military or civpolice? I remember a helicopter.

There are always sightings. But an article that talks about only navy sightings is odd.

If you listened to that podcast above about a similar (or the same) recording (i think the one linked immediately above is in the Pacific not Atlantic) the retired pilot didn’t seem like the practical joker type - but you never know.

Oh, I’m sure plenty of other pilots see… something… from time to time, but a pattern of reports from a single service is just a bit odd. And the simplest and most likely explanation for any phenomenon that doesn’t have strong data or recorded evidence is simply that the reporter is lying.

A small meteoroid that comes in at a shallow angle to Earth - hits a pocket of denser air and gets buffed into turn.

I think there’s one way this could be real and not require too much new physics:. What if someone has figured out a way to project a 3d real image to a particular point in space?

It would explain a number of things:

• Why the shape is simple (tictac or sphere inside a cube).
  • Why the shape sometimes appears only at selected wavelengths (infrared but not visible; visible but not radar)
  • Why the object doesn’t seem constrained by energy or inertia

That would be remarkable tech, but but wouldn’t necessarily require ET tech.

If we or another country had a super-secret program to develop this, as others have pointed out it might make sense to test it during just the sort of naval exercises where it was seen.

The point of such a device, militarily, would be to be seen and tracked and cause confusion to your opponents.

There is a special case that lets you “break” the speed of light. Take an image and pan it across the sky - if you pan quick enough its possible to create something that appears to be going faster than the speed of light, yet its not since its not an actual object. You can also do other variants on that - a dot on an electronic bill board that appears to move, but since all the dots are static and are just being staggered across the sign one by one at a stunningly fast pace, it creates the illusion of it.

Perhaps what is being seen here is something similar - some kind of projection - perhaps even a natural one such as a crespacular ray or lit up ice particles in the atmosphere, that creates the illusion of something that isn’t actually there and seems to do impossible things.

EDIT: Jinx!

The problem is it’s been tracked on radar. By multiple platforms many times. There’s something causing a return.

Yeah, I say, don’t hunt for weird science that doesn’t exist. Just believe it or don’t. I don’t, because the easy explanation is people are lying or mistaken and because the evidence is so incredibly thin on the ground. But I can always reevaluate in the unlikely event more than one flyer from different services or affiliations captures the same event on video.

If aliens want to reconnoiter our planet, they don’t have to enter the atmosphere – we don’t have to ourselves to capture incredibly good imagery. If aliens have some improbably concrete objective on the ground and for some reason don’t care about being detected, then lots of people should see the same thing, consistently.

The NY Times story has two pilots who came on record, but there are reports from other pilots. It’s not just one pilot.

And it’s not the first incident. The Nimitz incident had multiple witnesses. It was an Aegis cruiser that had been spotting the object for days, and then they vectored in F18s who saw it. And that was a decade earlier.

And there are other incidents.

One thing the War Drive mentions is that after 2000 the military began a huge upgrade in its sensor capabilities. So that probably explains why they started detecting these more often. But no one has come up with a reasonable explanation yet.

There’s a ton of professionally-trained individuals seeing this, and they’re getting it on cameras.

That’s a great thought and observation.

Well let’s play the “what if it’s real” game for a second; what can we infer?

1. It apparently has some kind of field-based propulsion because there’s no apparent propellant or exhaust. This implies some sort of very dense power source (dense as in energy dense). This also means it doesn’t need to be aerodynamic.

2. It doesn’t seem to be hyper aware of its surroundings; if the footage is real, and it rotates, it’s likely rotating to get a look at its pursuer. Which implies directionality to its ability to perceive. IE, these might be zipping around without taking a lot of activity into account.

So, what does this tell us about some kind of exo-thing?

1. It doesn’t seem interested in communication
  2. It doesn’t seem explicitly interested in human activity
  3. If it’s collecting data, how is it sending/receiving?

An interesting thought experiment about the Drake equation is that the galaxy should be “full” of probes by now, and that our inability to see them reveals something about the frequency of advanced life. On some level we should expect every planet to have probes created by very long term processes (hundreds of thousands or millions of years).

Miramon there are guncam videos and radar hits. It’s more than 2 pilots making shit up. There have been multiple incidents with corresponding evidence to back up eye witness accounts.

Leslie Kean has been co-writing these NYT articles on Ufos the past couple years. If you’re interested in the topic at all, her book is excellent. Every incident she reports on has multiple pieces of evidence beyond just witness testimony.