Unicef bombs the Smurfs in fund-raising campaign

Unicef bombs the Smurfs in fund-raising campaign for ex-child soldiers

The people of Belgium have been left reeling by the first adult-only episode of the Smurfs, in which the blue-skinned cartoon characters’ village is annihilated by warplanes.

The short but chilling film is the work of Unicef, the United Nations Children’s Fund, and is to be broadcast on national television next week as a campaign advertisement.

“We wanted something that was real war - Smurfs losing arms, or a Smurf losing a head -but they said no.”

Maybe in a director’s cut?

It was time to escalate from sanctions. Gargamel thinks the price is worth it.

Big deal, the Smurfs are just commies anyway.

This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia’s deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article’s entry on the Articles for Deletion page.

Why? It’s right on the money.

I stand in solidarity with our Worker Smurf brothers.

PARSE ERROR

This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia’s deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article’s entry on the Articles for Deletion page.

Why? It’s right on the money.[/quote]

except for the fact i remember reading websites that accused the smurfs of being kkk members because of their white hats and other various bits of “evidence” that applied equally well as the communism bits. so they live in a tolerant utopian community and are racist evil people. whatever.

(although i remember reading a post on some usenet group where in the smurf comics some system of fascism was instituted while pap smurf was on a trip someplace and smurfs were being lined up to be killed when papa smurf returned just in time to restore order)

No Smurf thread is complete without links to Castle Smurfenstein!

One
Two

Video

Tears of joy.