Upcoming Disney & Pixar movies

Cars gets a bad rap but regardless of the critical response, it’s a merchandising cash cow. No surprise that there’s a sequel.

How 'bout that, you’re right. I have no idea where I got the impression that Incredibles was one of their low performers.

It’s still got a 75 over on Rotten Tomatoes. Not in the top, but still fresh!

Oh. Huh.

Cars was a fine movie. Unless you’re any kind of NASCAR fan at all, in which case it’s sheer awesomeness distilled into movie form and injected into your veins.

How many of them will pass the Bechdel-Wallace test, I wonder.

I loathe NASCAR, but I loved Cars.

Yeah.

Cars was the first movie my son watched from beginning to end. He was transfixed by it… at 18 months old.

I don’t think I really care about anything on that list, but the Wall-E game might be fun.

I’m ridiculously excited for Wall-E. And for most of the others as well. I still absolutely love Disney.

My brother, who is 15, and both of my sisters (17 and 9), love the High School Musical stuff. I have no problem with it, and find it rather refreshingly wholesome in comparison to the stuff that is marketed to teenagers and “tweens”.

Any list of upcoming Pixar films that does not include The Incredibles 2 is a travesty.

What a silly statement.

Hyperbole is the language of the internet. In English, that statement would be: “I really wish Incredibles 2 were on that list.”

From the upcoming 101 Dalmatians movie, starring Glenn Close Emma Stone.

Nice resurrection.

Looking at the original post:

Wall-E turned out great. Loved it.
Up turned out great. Loved it.
Toy Story 3 turned out great. Loved it.
Newt? I’ve never heard of it. Did that actually come out?
The Bear and the Bow: Again, never heard of it.
Cars 2 turned out meh. I only saw it last month, it wasn’t good. Cars 3 turned out great though.
Bolt turned out pretty good. I never saw it again after seeing it in the theater, but it was good.
The Princess and the Frog - I never saw it. But I’ve heard it’s good.
Rapunzel turned out great. I really enjoyed seeing that one in the theater.
King of the Elves - Again, never heard of it.

Must be Brave.

The other two I have no idea. Sounds like cancelled projects.

My daughter is so excited to see Frozen 2.

King of the Elves was shelved 10 years ago.

Newt same deal, a few years later with Brave slotted to replace it

Bear and the Bow did indeed become Brave

Also the people dismissing Up, which is possibly their best film, is retroactivey hilarious.

Did I miss this, or are we talking about Tangled?

I was talking about Tangled, yes. Sorry, that’s the same movie, just renamed, right?

Looks like it, but my question was an honest one – I have some vague memory of maybe there being a live-action Rapunzel movie in the last decade. It is incredibly likely that I’ve missed some number of Disney movies now that my kids are grown.

A quick IMDB search shows that there was a live-action German TV movie in 2009, but I don’t know if that made it over here to the US or not.