Updated Dragonlance movie thread

This trailer looks…really terrible to me.

Isn’t Raistlin supposed to speak in a barely audible, asthmatic whisper?

I guess my childhood’s ass is too stretched out now to please them, they’ve gotta start in on my teen years…

Wow…what the fuck? You know, going back and reading those novels, that’s essentially a fair representation of the actual writing… but god damn.

Erik J.

“…with scenes cut and reused from the 1980s cartoon, Dungeons and Dragons!”

Calling all suxxors, calling all suxxors…

Holy crap, is it supposed to look that awful? You can get decent quality animation nowadays for cheap. Even crappy Korean Studio anime looks better than that.

BRIAN KOONTZ YOU HAVE AN ORGASM ON LINE ONE

That’s “MADE IN TEH USA” quality for ya!

doesn’t look that bad to me

Now you’re just trolling.

wow that looks like shit.

why don’t they get money to pay the cg guys at blur who did the hellgate intro or digic, who did the warhammer mark of chaos intro?

hell, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flight_of_Dragons looks better.

I grew up in the 70’s.

Unfortunate.

It’s so bad when I originally saw screenshots, I thought they were doing the retro camp thing on purpose, a la Korgoth of Barbaria. But no, not that, just terrible.

Yeah, this is like “Superfriends”-level bad animation. Wow.

Terrible dreck is Dragonlance.

You guys are missing the point. Its arty and retro to match the era the books were published in. Its intentional.

Wow, someone should’ve given them a budget larger than $50.

Brutal. They could’ve at least gone with more than tv-grade american cartoon framerates, jesus. And some shading.

It’s retro, certainly.

I like my original thread where there was still hope. Everyone’s lack of faith and hope is really bumming me out.