Urban Dead

Brilliant! That’s the last place they would expect to find you…

• Alan

Well, if you’re looking for other people, it seems that one of the best places to find them is in various police stations. Of course, those same police stations also attract large zombie populations.

Well, if you’re looking for other people, it seems that one of the best places to find them is in various police stations. Of course, those same police stations also attract large zombie populations.[/quote]

I’m in one with about 35 other people right now. I have no idea who any of them are, but it’s been that way for about a week now. I’m expecting to log in and see that we’ve all been killed any day now. :?

gaaarrrrahhhh…

… brains…

I’ve managed to get some Lab Experience, and a few syringes, so if there’s anyone in Pashenton who doesn’t enjoy the life undead, let me know and we can bring you back.

I’ve been going between the PD, the Hospital and a necrotech building, and so far, so good. The zombie population in pashenton is not as bad as I’ve heard elsewhere. The nice thing about staying in a hospital (since I’ve got first aid) is that I can search for first aid kits, there’s a steady stream of wounded, and I don’t have to waste AP going to and from the hospital. On the other hand, I logged in this morning, and the doors were wide open and there was a dead guy snacking on one of my patients.

PS. Dear Angie, please don’t eat me. Thank you.

JAGuarincQto3, you have been revived by yours truly. Please don’t kill me.

Necrotechs are exp machines. Yowza.

Thanks. Played with my first character and managed to get killed within an hour or so. Then ran around as a zombie before I was killed by… another zombie. Then another. So I read up on survival in their forums, grabbed a new character and managed to go almost six hours without getting killed. Woo-hoo!

At least I have beer now. Although I’d prefer a flamethrower.

Now that I’ve gotten all the science skills (and yes, necrotech is pretty cool), I’m wondering what skills I should take next. Military costs my scientist 150xp per go, and it seems that I’d need a bunch of skills to strike back effectively at the undead legions. On the consumer side, I’m torn between bodybuilding (for the extra 10 hp) or construction (for barricades). This is assuming that the zombies I tagged today with the DNA sampler don’t have that scent tracking skill and end up eating me for lunch later today.

I’m holed up in a temporarily-secure location in whittenside, with a survivor group I’ve put together. Myself, http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=33997 , a necrotech/doctor, and another gunman. Any survivors in the local area are welcome to drop me a private message to get the location. We won’t be there long, of course, but for now, it’s pretty safe.

Good lord, Bren, where have you led me? Yagotown is crawling with zombies. I had to flee that club. Where are you now?

What makes a zombie lose the scent anyway?

I’m at the Hellyer Building (45, 22). Can I come to you???

I’m in that building right now. Not so clever an idea, considering the 8 zombies camped outside. But I’ll have to search it to get a few revivification syringes.

I’m outside of the Pattermore Building just to the south of Yagostown (Shuttlebank). There are zombies on every single side of me and I’m out of AP.

I might as well ask for a revive now… I am certainly dead.

A zombie loses scent when you die or when they die.

I’ve found a cute little police station with about 15 people holed away inside. It’s cute. Less cute when their dead friends decide to play zombie PK instead of getting on with their unlives, but I’m still whittling them down.

Just to the west is the Stodgell Cinema, which is very strongly barricaded. I’m the only zombie outside it right now.

Well that’s a bit more disturbing than I thought. The gold mine of xp for DNA sampling begins to look a lot more perilous, as each zombie sampled is a potential tracker. I was hoping that there was some sort of time limit. Looks like hiding in groups is potentially better for me than holing up in a nearby safe house.

Still, I brought my first zombie back from the dead today, and that was pretty cool…

Any advice on how to build XP as a consumer? Ive played for three days now and only earned five points. Oh, and I hope they implement trading soon, because I don’t really need three GPS transmitters.

If you haven’t read them already…

Scientist Survival Guide.

Military Survival Guide.

Civilian Survival Guide.

I hope that helped.